How near we are to make a Real Iron Man's Arc Reactor?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Aero_Arnendu
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Arc Iron Reactor
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 4K views
Aero_Arnendu
Messages
10
Reaction score
1
Hi ,
I, Arnendu, want a really big fan of Iron Man and Physics. I have a question . We all know iron man get his suit's power from The Arc Reactor. So, I think why scientists can't make it properly, the science behind it and its usefulness.
So, I request you all to send your reply. Thank you.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Because scientists are lazy bastards, that's why. Any tech you see in the movies can be easily made. ;)
 
Iron man is science fiction of course, and in fiction anything is possible without necessarily needing an explanation.
As far as I know the ArcReactor in iron man is not based on known physics, it's just a supposed power source for the dramatic purposes of the storyline.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: DrClaude and nikkkom
The "arc reactor" isn't real. It's just a technobabble name for a coil of wire and a bright blue/white light. So there is nothing for scientists to figure out.

Thread closed.