Is the Iron Man suit realistic in present times?

  • Thread starter Thread starter fvirani786
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Iron Iron man
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
33 replies · 12K views
Khatti said:
Perhaps the power plant deserves a thread all its own.

Never mind. Looking below this post at similar discussions I see the power plant already has a thread of its own.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: James Holland
Physics news on Phys.org
I like the Marvel movies in general - I was a fan of comics growing up and am still a fan of the way they can inspire the imagination. Sci-Fi is something I enjoy for the same reason - science needs fertile imaginations, I think. To add my answer to the original question, it isn't currently possible to build an Iron Man-style suit; or else I'm pretty sure we'd have several of them flying around, and the question would be how long it would take before the technology became declassified and available for commercial use :wink:
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: James Holland