1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Studying How should I prepare for a computational science masters?

1. Jul 3, 2017 #1
    Hi I am a computer science undergraduate planning to do a master's degree in computational science(scientific computing) winter 2018. Since I have a bachelor's degree in computer science, I want to prepare before I apply for a degree.

As of now I am following basic mathematics from A level syllabus, and once I complete basics of mathematics, I have planned to study, Linear algebra, Statistics and numerical methods (for data science and machine learning). For computer science, I am learning data science with python right now, and planned to do an online course in Machine learning with R. Also I have planned to do an internship in it next year beginning. For physics I am studying Halliday&resnick and campbel's for biology.( I want to get into geophysics or genomics sequencing program).

How can I improve my skills of getting selected in the masters program? Is my plan good enough or do I have to do anymore than that?? To establish my knowledge in genomics or geophysics, Should I write any examinations?(like GRE), what would improve my chances internship or exams?

I have contacted universities which very little helpful to get a correct answer. My efforts are totally disorganized because I don't know whether I am following the correct method. So please suggest a systematic method.

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 6, 2017 #2
    what are the mathematics examinations available to test our knowledge that universities will accept?apart from GRE, SAT

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted