How should I state honors research work on my resume?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 9K views
Ian_Brooks
Messages
127
Reaction score
0
I've been doing a conjoint project for my thesis with the school of Biomedical Engr and its affiliate hospital. I've conducted most of my work at the hospital - so I was wondering how I'd list this in my resume.

As its unpaid research that's a part of my degree - would this be listed under work experience rather than employment? Or should I include a separate heading titled 'research'?

thanks in advance.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I generally listed my thesis topic underneath my degrees, with my main adviser(s) listed and committee members. If someone was at another institution, I would include that institution after their name in parenthesis.

Ex:

M.S. in Materials Science Aug. 2001
University of Tall Tales, College of Arts and Sciences Fiction, USA
Thesis: Fabrication and Characterization of UV-Transparent Oxide Films
Advisor: Peter E. Powers
Committee Members: Daniel Boone (University of Kentucky), Will Rogers

If you have a research section, there is where you could add details.

(Note: Sorry the formatting sucks, and I don't have time right now to edit further)
 
No, that's good enough. ThanksI wish i went to the university of tall tales :p