How tall are you and how much do you weigh?

Main Question or Discussion Point

Me= 5'6" and 154 lbs.

Yeah, I'm pretty much built like a gymnast.

I know there are a lot of non-Americans on the board so this is for you Americans once there are more posts

1kg=2.2 pounds

1cm=.4 inches.

Answers and Replies

5'10" and I weigh around 200lbs.

You honestly couldn't tell by looking at me. I have trouble believing it. I have even more trouble trying to get rid of it. :frown:

Evo
Mentor
4'2" 475 lbs

mgb_phys
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
As long as you don't feature on the H-R diagram I wouldn't worry

~5' 6" and 100 Lbs.

~5'6" ~160lbs

turbo
Gold Member
5'6" - about 150# though I can vary with the seasons. I tend to trim out in the summers when there are lots of wild berries to pick.

5'10" 140lbs.

I would make an awesome projectile :D

Evo
Mentor
I knew a guy that was 6'4" and weighed 140 lbs.

mgb_phys
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
:eek: and I thought I had issues with strong gusts of wind!

Evo
Mentor
:eek: and I thought I had issues with strong gusts of wind!
And he had the 5th highest recorded IQ in the world and IMHO, is insane (hope he doesn't find this). :uhh:

turbo
Gold Member
I never weighed more than 125# in HS or in my first couple of years of college. I ran the weight off faster than I could accumulate it. I was not painfully thin, though people could have been critical of my penchant for running...

And he had the 5th highest recorded IQ in the world and IMHO, is insane (hope he doesn't find this). :uhh:
Sounds like he probably sensed it five minutes before it was typed:smile:

"someone, somewhere, is about to state my prior dimensions"

Last edited:
5'1", 105 lbs, petite frame

Evo
Mentor
Sounds like he probably sensed it five minutes before it was typed:smile:

"someone, somewhere, is about to state my prior dimensions"
Dear God I hope not, I will not say his known internet name.

Evo
Mentor
5'8" 140lb winter 115lb summer (sitting in front of a desk staring at a computer makes you fat.. riding 5 horses a day makes you thin....)

6" about 185lb (but its mainly just relaxed muscle)

6', 170lbs.

Danger
Gold Member
I used to be 5'10... then a couple of years ago I was down to 5'9"... now I'm 5'8". My normal weight was always a steady 128 lbs., except for baseball season when I went up to 132 with added muscle mass. Now I've got the 'Molson Muscle' (the male equivalent of pregnancy), so I'm pretty steady at 135 lbs.

I have a friend who is over 7' tall. I dont know what he weighs but despite the fact that he is very thin he doesnt fit in my car, and his hands are bigger than my head. He is super smart too, hes taking chemical physics. He is so smart that he cant "dumb it down" enough to help me with my homework. Its frustrating because hes so clever but I cant use any of his knowledge. He has long unruly hair and something of a beard. One day on a bus, some kid with his mom pointed at him and said, "mommy is that Jesus" People do things like that to him all the time. We can never go anywhere without being stared at. Great guy though, very good friend.

Danger
Gold Member
some kid with his mom pointed at him and said, "mommy is that Jesus" People do things like that to him all the time.
That's to be expected of kids. They see something unfamiliar, and ask questions. It's the response of the guardian (parent, babysitter, whatever) that matters. Saying 'hush, don't stare' just aggravates the situation. One has to just explain that people come in all shapes and sizes. If the kid is old enough to understand, then some basic endrocrinology might be in order.

That's to be expected of kids. They see something unfamiliar, and ask questions. It's the response of the guardian (parent, babysitter, whatever) that matters. Saying 'hush, don't stare' just aggravates the situation. One has to just explain that people come in all shapes and sizes. If the kid is old enough to understand, then some basic endrocrinology might be in order.
I was very bad about that when I was little. If someone around us had an out of the ordinary feature, I sure enough would ask a question about it... out loud!:shy: The weird part is, I remember a few of those instances like it was yesterday...

*thinking*(that guys nose is big).... "Mom why does that guy have a big nose?!"

..as my mother proceeded to pinch the hell out of my leg lol. It took a while, but I learned.