How tall are you and how much do you weigh?

  • Thread starter Thread starter gravenewworld
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
112 replies · 22K views
B. Elliott said:
At least your not almost 30 with people thinking you're 19 lol.

Many people think I look 16. Two years ago, most people thought I looked 17. One year ago, some 12 year olds thought I was 12.

Only one person, a woman from a Target Store over estimated - she thought I was 22, when I was 21.

I am 21 right now.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Oerg said:
is 5'11'' considered short? by "american" standards
No. For a male, you are considered "short" if you are below 5'7". "Normal" would probably be 5'8"-5'11". "Tall" would be above 6'0".

For women, being above 5'7" is tall, and below 5'3" is short.
 
Oerg said:
is 5'11'' considered short? by "american" standards

No.

I must have four characters in order to post a message.
 
scarecrow said:
For a male, you are considered "short" if you are below 5'7".
Actually, 5'6" is considered the perfect height. Not only in America, but in the wider universe.
 
jimmysnyder said:
Actually, 5'6" is considered the perfect height. Not only in America, but in the wider universe.

6'2" is considered the ideal height for men in America.
 
jimmysnyder said:
Actually, 5'6" is considered the perfect height. Not only in America, but in the wider universe.
Except in the Netherlands where an average male is 6'1" and average female is 5'6" :-p
 
Monique said:
Except in the Netherlands where an average male is 6'1" and average female is 5'6" :-p

I'd be about the shortest guy in the Netherlands.
 
Monique said:
Except in the Netherlands where an average male is 6'1" and average female is 5'6" :-p
Ah, the Netherlands, land of perfect women. And yet the men look down on them.
 
jimmysnyder said:
Ah, the Netherlands, land of perfect women. And yet the men look down on them.

Why are Dutch women perfect?
 
stickythighs said:
Why are Dutch women perfect?
I asked my wife this question. Now 5'5" is the perfect height in America.
 
frogman said:
We seem to be of abnormal size in here.

Relax guys...6'3" and 300 (winter weight)...usually drop to 265-275 over the summer.
 
5'11'' and 132lbs. I am considered tall and underweight in my part of the world.
 
5'3'' and 125 pounds. My age is 15.

Perhaps I should work out more instead of going on PF and the like.
 
Anyone want to chart these stats? Plot the weight vs height? Might look cool? It would take some time, totally useless, perfect procrastination, ... anyone?

Me: 6 feet plus half an inch. I so desperately want to say " six-one!" but , alas.
And 180 lbs.
 
Six foot and a variable 180lbs with most of the latter around my gorgeous big wobbly curry belly.