How tall are you and how much do you weigh?

  • Thread starter Thread starter gravenewworld
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
112 replies · 22K views
Cyrus said:
Hes not dumb, he just has poor communication skills.

nope; if you can't breakdown into layman's terms you don't have a good enough grasp of the material.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
How tall and how much you way become more and more meaningless beyond a certain standard deviation.

That said though I'm 5'11.5 and about 14.5 stone. That's pretty accurate probably in determining my BMI. Ie I am overweight, if it was all fat I'd be worried, as it is I am large build. So you can add at least 8 lbs to what I should be and then some more for being larger than the average large build. So that puts me at about 1 stone over weight, which is nothing, to be frank, taking into account my build over all. I have a bit of a beer baby forming but I'm not panicking just yet.

Above 7' and below 4' the BMI scale and height/weight charts are wildly inaccurate.
 
Last edited:
ice109 said:
nope; if you can't breakdown into layman's terms you don't have a good enough grasp of the material.


This guy is crazy clever, between the two of us we managed to prove that the equation in our grade 12 physics textbooks (I can't remember which one but it was in the relativity section) was incorrect. (we were a special kind of trouble maker) We brought the principal other books with the correct equation and he told us that he wouldn't consider it unless we could prove it mathematically. So my friend just sat down with a pen and showed him, it was incredible, he didnt even have to think. As I said he is taking chemical physics, and has 100% in quantum mechanics. I don't care what you say, that stuff it hard! He never studies, he just gets it. Its so annoying.
 
okay then, 212 barleycorn and 3115 uncia
 
Last edited:
1.7m tall and 60kg. Yes, I am short and thin, like a needle.
 
hypatia said:
15 hands, is that to the shoulder?

Hmm...I have to deduct a few hands to the shoulder. I went with the height to the top of my head. If I adjusted that now, you'd all know how big my head is.
 
ice109 said:
nope; if you can't breakdown into layman's terms you don't have a good enough grasp of the material.
If you think layman's terms can fully express it, you don't have a good enough grasp of the material. :-p
 
Hurkyl said:
If you think layman's terms can fully express it, you don't have a good enough grasp of the material. :-p

That's an example of a clever comment!
 
Pfft 14 lbs to the stone. :smile:

It's basic imperial measurement. :-p

6.4 kilos to the stone.

I am about 4 cubits tall too. :smile:
 
Last edited:
I'm 5'11'' and 124-130 lbs. I really should work out and try to build some muscle mass.
 
173cm and 59 Kilos. There are a lot of small people. I thought I was the only one.
 
Kurdt said:
173cm and 59 Kilos. There are a lot of small people. I thought I was the only one.


Over much pencil pushing and no spanner wrenching.
 
wolram said:
Over much pencil pushing and no spanner wrenching.

If that were true I'd have said 1.73m instead. :-p:wink:
 
Okay I have a question. I'm a surveyor and in every state other than Arizona, surveyors use "US Survey Feet" here in Arizona they use "International Feet" Why would we come up with something called International Feet? Is there any other nation that uses feet? How International can it be?
 
qspeechc said:
1.7m tall and 60kg. Yes, I am short and thin, like a needle.

Congratulations for being the first user in this post to use SI.
 
Like I'd tell you how big I am! You'd come over to my house and beat me up!

Okay, I'm 1.8794 x 10^-16 light years .075 tons. At least the units are daunting.
 
Evo said:
4'2" 475 lbs
Consider remeasuring after getting off the motorcycle.
 
Ive gain a lot of weight this winter, so after I loose it, I'll be 5'6" and 135lbs:approve:
 
Kurdt, wow your 173 cm? My kayak is a 185 (Pyranha s6x) but then again, that is taller than me. Nevermind (ha, yeah I like spelling it that way, a tribute...)
 
binzing said:
Kurdt, wow your 173 cm? My kayak is a 185 (Pyranha s6x) but then again, that is taller than me. Nevermind (ha, yeah I like spelling it that way, a tribute...)

Yes, that's 5'8'' for those working in old money. Why does that surprise you? :confused:
 
5'4" and 110 lbs. Yes I am horribly short and skinny. And I'm almost positive my Linear Algebra and Diff Eqn. Professor thinks I am 16 =/ (i'm actually 21).
 
BobG said:
Like I'd tell you how big I am! You'd come over to my house and beat me up!

Okay, I'm 1.8794 x 10^-16 light years .075 tons. At least the units are daunting.
Since others were getting chastised for non-SI units, make that metric tons and you're all set! :biggrin:

DaveC426913 said:
Consider remeasuring after getting off the motorcycle.

:smile:

Eek! Yipes! I just hopped on the scale and am 10 lbs heavier than I thought I was! I've been cooking too much and spending too much time sitting on my duff apparently. :cry: Thank goodness I'm planning a week of intensive workouts with the sheep next week! (Though, I'm suspicious of where the extra weight is...my clothes still fit all the same...I think the scale is lying. :rolleyes:)
 
opt!kal said:
5'4" and 110 lbs. Yes I am horribly short and skinny. And I'm almost positive my Linear Algebra and Diff Eqn. Professor thinks I am 16 =/ (i'm actually 21).

At least your not almost 30 with people thinking you're 19 lol.