How to Calculate Radius of Curvature from Thin Film Interference?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
Emily_Khan
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hello, I have a question about interference.

I have interference from thin film, i.e. fringes of equal inclination. How I can calculate the radius of sample curvature from the interference pattern? How I can to determine the maximum radius of curvature of the surface at which interference will be observed?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Emily_Khan said:
Hello, I have a question about interference.

I have interference from thin film, i.e. fringes of equal inclination. How I can calculate the radius of sample curvature from the interference pattern? How I can to determine the maximum radius of curvature of the surface at which interference will be observed?
Welcome to the PF, Emily. :smile:

Are you saying your thin film is curved? Is it curved in 1 dimension or two? Can you post a picture or a diagram to clarify your question? Thanks.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: vanhees71 and berkeman