A valve is installed between the throttle body and intake manifold and decrease its area to restrict the flow. How do I analyze the mass flow rate of air in the decreasing area to know the engine working condition at a minimum valve area?
I need to mathematically model a valve installed between the throttle body and the intake manifold. the valve is an iris type whose area decrease or increase as needed. when the valve is open the air can flow freely from the throttle body to the intake manifold. but when the area get decreasing the flow will be restricted and when the area becomes zero the engine will stop. so how do i mathematically model and drive equation for this type of scenario?
We Value Quality
• Topics based on mainstream science
• Proper English grammar and spelling We Value Civility
• Positive and compassionate attitudes
• Patience while debating We Value Productivity
• Disciplined to remain on-topic
• Recognition of own weaknesses
• Solo and co-op problem solving