Mirzet99
- 3
- 0
Homework Statement
I have to calculate the speed with which a spud gun fires a bullet. The length of barrel is 1 meter.
Homework Equations
v=s/t , where v=velocity; s=distance; t=time
You cannot calculate anything without some data. The length of the barrel is clearly not enough. What else do you know or can know?Mirzet99 said:Homework Statement
I have to calculate the speed with which a spud gun fires a bullet. The length of barrel is 1 meter.
Homework Equations
v=s/t , where v=velocity; s=distance; t=time
The Attempt at a Solution
NOTE: I will easily calculate distance. I have spud gun but I don't know the way how to calculate that speed which is not average speed of bullet.[/B]
haruspex said:You cannot calculate anything without some data. The length of the barrel is clearly not enough. What else do you know or can know?
Chestermiller said:Please describe how a spud gun works. (I know how a spud gun works. I'm just asking you to describe it in words). I'm sure that will give you some ideas on what you need to do to answer this question.
Chet
Chestermiller said:Please describe how a spud gun works. (I know how a spud gun works. I'm just asking you to describe it in words). I'm sure that will give you some ideas on what you need to do to answer this question.
Chet