Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How to control any software using batch?

1. Feb 4, 2016 #1
    Dear Forum,

I am trying to run a random software (such as skype), there is easy to run by mouse and click on the icon on the desktop.

Now, I am trying to take advance by using CMD (command prompt). I am going to type some basic command to make skype run, but I do not know how to go into any tool option, such as: contacts , Conversation, Call...(they are on tool bar). Everything will be controlled by CMD.

Anyone has any ideal? please advise!

Thank you so much,

Best regards.

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 4, 2016 #2

Mark44

Staff: Mentor

I don't believe you can do what you're trying to do strictly using the commands in the command prompt. About all you can do from a command prompt is start Skype. However, I think you might be able to use Windows PowerShell to drill down into Skype to get at whatever things Skype exposes. I would advise going to the Skype site to find out some more about their programming model, and what you can do to take advantage of it.

4. Feb 4, 2016 #3

mfb

2016 Award

There are programs that can use a GUI with the mouse. If skype does not have interfaces to be controlled by other programs, that is the only alternative I see.

5. Feb 4, 2016 #4

Mark44

6. Feb 4, 2016 #5
    Mark I think that link documents services exposed by the Skype server platform, not the client software.

7. Feb 4, 2016 #6
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook