How to control any software using batch?

• Thread starter Nate Duong
  • Start date
Dear Forum,

I am trying to run a random software (such as skype), there is easy to run by mouse and click on the icon on the desktop.

Now, I am trying to take advance by using CMD (command prompt). I am going to type some basic command to make skype run, but I do not know how to go into any tool option, such as: contacts , Conversation, Call...(they are on tool bar). Everything will be controlled by CMD.

Anyone has any ideal? please advise!

Thank you so much,

Best regards.

Answers and Replies

Dear Forum,

I am trying to run a random software (such as skype), there is easy to run by mouse and click on the icon on the desktop.

Now, I am trying to take advance by using CMD (command prompt). I am going to type some basic command to make skype run, but I do not know how to go into any tool option, such as: contacts , Conversation, Call...(they are on tool bar). Everything will be controlled by CMD.

Anyone has any ideal? please advise!
I don't believe you can do what you're trying to do strictly using the commands in the command prompt. About all you can do from a command prompt is start Skype. However, I think you might be able to use Windows PowerShell to drill down into Skype to get at whatever things Skype exposes. I would advise going to the Skype site to find out some more about their programming model, and what you can do to take advantage of it.

There are programs that can use a GUI with the mouse. If skype does not have interfaces to be controlled by other programs, that is the only alternative I see.

pbuk
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Mark I think that link documents services exposed by the Skype server platform, not the client software.