How to find maximum load on steel sqare tube

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
8 replies · 3K views
NSNS
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
TL;DR
how to find a maximum load on a steel square tube that has one fixed end to the wall and another end is hanging free
how to find a maximum load on a steel square tube that has one fixed end to the wall and another end is hanging free.
suppose the beam is 2230 mm long and the load is applied on the beam on the free end w= 1040 mm. but there also a steel square tube that welded to the middle of the beam and has a fixed endpoint point to the wall

I can't upload a picture but its look like this III is the area where load will be apply (w), .. is steel square tube. ..
. ..
. .. IIIIIIII
.......
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I just want to know the maximum load of it, maybe with the factor of safety =2
 
Attachments
  • Screenshot (34).png
    Screenshot (34).png
    54.5 KB · Views: 245
We need to know what this is for. What you are asking is not simple, and the structure you've drawn is beefy enough that we have to be concerned with safety and liability issues in discussing it. How the load is applied, how the elements are attached to each other matter and what the wall (?) is made of matter, for example.
 
I have just been asked to find the maximum load of the structure. the section that I draw is the base which will attach with another part. but the load is just the weight of the structure that will be weld to it again.
 
NSNS said:
I have just been asked to find the maximum load of the structure.
Sorry, but that is not sufficient. We cannot answer/publicly discuss this question.
 
I mean it's not HW but at least can you guide me on how to calculate for its, or that least which method should be used to solve this. it's not truss right?