How to find maximum load on steel sqare tube

In summary, the conversation discusses how to find the maximum load of a steel square tube attached to a beam with one fixed end and one free end. The length of the beam is 2230 mm and the load is applied at a point 1040 mm from the free end. The purpose of the structure and the materials used are also questioned due to safety and liability concerns. The person is only asked to find the maximum load of the structure and is looking for guidance on how to calculate it, but the thread is locked due to safety concerns and the question of whether the truss method should be used.
NSNS
TL;DR Summary
how to find a maximum load on a steel square tube that has one fixed end to the wall and another end is hanging free
how to find a maximum load on a steel square tube that has one fixed end to the wall and another end is hanging free.
suppose the beam is 2230 mm long and the load is applied on the beam on the free end w= 1040 mm. but there also a steel square tube that welded to the middle of the beam and has a fixed endpoint point to the wall

I can't upload a picture but its look like this III is the area where load will be apply (w), .. is steel square tube. ..
. ..
. .. IIIIIIII

Engineering news on Phys.org
What is the purpose of this structure? And can you do any better with the description or upload a photo? It is pretty vague.

I just want to know the maximum load of it, maybe with the factor of safety =2

Attachments

• Screenshot (34).png
    Screenshot (34).png
    54.5 KB · Views: 114
We need to know what this is for. What you are asking is not simple, and the structure you've drawn is beefy enough that we have to be concerned with safety and liability issues in discussing it. How the load is applied, how the elements are attached to each other matter and what the wall (?) is made of matter, for example.

I have just been asked to find the maximum load of the structure. the section that I draw is the base which will attach with another part. but the load is just the weight of the structure that will be weld to it again.

NSNS said:
I have just been asked to find the maximum load of the structure.
Sorry, but that is not sufficient. We cannot answer/publicly discuss this question.

I mean it's not HW but at least can you guide me on how to calculate for its, or that least which method should be used to solve this. it's not truss right?

we do not suppose to use the truss method right?

This thread is locked because we cannot verify the safety of the structure.

1. How do I calculate the maximum load on a steel square tube?

To calculate the maximum load on a steel square tube, you will need to know the dimensions of the tube (length, width, and thickness) and the material properties of the steel (yield strength and modulus of elasticity). Using these values, you can use the formula for bending stress (M/S) to determine the maximum load that the tube can withstand before it begins to deform.

2. What factors affect the maximum load on a steel square tube?

The maximum load on a steel square tube is affected by several factors, including the dimensions of the tube, the material properties of the steel, the shape of the load applied, and the support conditions of the tube. A longer tube or a thicker tube will have a higher maximum load capacity, while a higher yield strength or modulus of elasticity will also increase the maximum load. Additionally, different types of loading, such as a point load or a distributed load, will have different effects on the maximum load.

3. How do I determine the yield strength of the steel used in the square tube?

The yield strength of the steel used in a square tube can be found in the material's specifications or by conducting a tensile strength test. The yield strength is the maximum stress that the steel can withstand before it begins to deform permanently. It is an important factor in determining the maximum load capacity of the steel square tube.

4. Can I use the same formula to calculate the maximum load for different types of steel square tubes?

No, the formula for calculating the maximum load on a steel square tube is specific to the material properties of the steel being used. Different types of steel have different yield strengths and moduli of elasticity, so the formula will vary depending on the specific type of steel being used. It is important to use the correct formula for the type of steel being analyzed.

5. What is the difference between maximum load and ultimate load for a steel square tube?

The maximum load is the maximum amount of weight that a steel square tube can withstand before it begins to deform. The ultimate load, on the other hand, is the maximum amount of weight that the tube can withstand before it fails completely. It is important to design structures to withstand the maximum load rather than the ultimate load to ensure safety and prevent failure.