How to find Resonance frequency of rectangualr cavity from FDTD data

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
confi999
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
Hello,
I have written 3D FDTD code with Mur ABC which gives correct results for time domain data.
Now I want to compute the resonance frequency of a rectangular cavity using this 3D FDTD code.
I don't know how I will do that.

Would someone please advise me the steps I need to follow now to calculate the rectangular cavity resonance frequency.
Any code or help on how the time domain data need to be processed is highly appreciated. Thank you.
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
Maybe this is a silly suggestion, but could you just use a chirp pulse (or even white noise) as an input and then use an FFT on the output?

I can't think of a better method right now, of course you could just "scan" across frequencies and look at the amplitude of the output; but chirp+FFT should be faster, and I believe this is how it is usually done in e.g. SPICE simulations.