How to find temperature and time

In summary, the conversation is about finding the final equation and answers through proper derivation regarding the rate of cooling of a hot body in air. The question involves determining how long it will take for the body to cool from 60 degrees to 30 degrees, and what the temperature will be after 10 minutes. The suggestion to search for 'Newton's law of cooling' is also mentioned.
newmember1
hi, i have question here i want to know the complete final equation through proper derivation and answers. can anyone guide me?? here is question:

the rate of cooling of hot body in air is very nearly proportional to the difference b/w the temperature of body n the temperature of air.if the TEMP OF AIR IS 18 degree and body intitially is at 60 degree is found to have cooled to 50 degree after 3 minz how long will it be before it cools to 30 degree?? and what will the temperature after 10 minz??

Any kind of help will be appreciated.

Regards,
Aina

Science news on Phys.org
Try searching on 'Newton's law of cooling' .

1. How can I accurately measure temperature?

To accurately measure temperature, you will need a thermometer. There are various types of thermometers available, including digital thermometers, mercury thermometers, and infrared thermometers. Choose the type that best suits your needs and follow the instructions provided by the manufacturer for accurate readings.

2. What is the best way to find the temperature in a specific location?

The best way to find the temperature in a specific location is to use a weather app or website. These sources use data from weather stations located in different areas to provide accurate temperature readings. You can also use a thermometer to get a more precise reading in a specific location.

3. How do I calculate the temperature from Fahrenheit to Celsius?

To convert temperature from Fahrenheit to Celsius, you can use the formula: (°F - 32) x 5/9 = °C. Simply subtract 32 from the temperature in Fahrenheit and multiply the result by 5/9. The resulting number is the temperature in Celsius.

4. How do I measure the temperature of a liquid?

To measure the temperature of a liquid, you can use a thermometer specifically designed for liquids. Make sure to follow the instructions provided by the manufacturer and insert the thermometer into the liquid for an accurate reading. It is also important to properly clean and sanitize the thermometer after each use.

5. How can I determine the time it takes for something to cool down or heat up?

The time it takes for something to cool down or heat up depends on various factors such as the initial temperature, the surrounding temperature, and the material of the object. You can use a thermometer to measure the temperature of the object at regular intervals and record the data to determine the rate at which it cools down or heats up.