How to find the wavelength of a particle with mass?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 3K views
nukeman
Messages
651
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement



Does the following question ask what my title says? I study pack says "How to find the wavelength of a particle with mass?" So, is the following question good?

Question: What is the deBroglie wavelength of an electrion with a speed of 2.2x10^6 m/s

Answer I got: First, calculate the momentum, P=MV
(9.11x10^-31)(2.2x10^6m/s) = 2x10^-24

So... Wavelength = h/p = 6.62x10^34/2x10^-24

= 3.33x10^-10

Is this correct guys? Thanks!



Homework Equations





The Attempt at a Solution

 
Physics news on Phys.org
nukeman said:

Homework Statement



Does the following question ask what my title says? I study pack says "How to find the wavelength of a particle with mass?" So, is the following question good?

Question: What is the deBroglie wavelength of an electrion with a speed of 2.2x10^6 m/s

Answer I got: First, calculate the momentum, P=MV
(9.11x10^-31)(2.2x10^6m/s) = 2x10^-24

So... Wavelength = h/p = 6.62x10^34/2x10^-24

= 3.33x10^-10

Is this correct guys? Thanks!



Homework Equations





The Attempt at a Solution


The method is good - I assume you calculated correctly at each step. That answer is certainly a typical size.