makubexiii Messages 1 Reaction score 0 Thread starter Jul 31, 2008 #1 How can I get the elongation if I'm given with only the modulus of elasticity? what will be the formula? THnx..
How can I get the elongation if I'm given with only the modulus of elasticity? what will be the formula? THnx..
James R Science Advisor Homework Helper Gold Member Messages 599 Reaction score 15 Jul 31, 2008 #2 Are you talking about the extension of a spring? (Hooke's law?) Hooke's law is [itex]F = kx[/itex] where F is the force applied to the spring, k is the modulus (spring constant), and x is the extension of the spring from its natural length.
Are you talking about the extension of a spring? (Hooke's law?) Hooke's law is [itex]F = kx[/itex] where F is the force applied to the spring, k is the modulus (spring constant), and x is the extension of the spring from its natural length.