How to Self-study Analysis. Part Ii: Intermediate Analysis - Comments

In summary, micromass submitted a new PF Insights post discussing self-studying intermediate analysis. The conversation then turned to the book "Carother's Real Analysis" and the potential for understanding it through self-study. The original poster expressed their admiration for micromass' dedication to mathematics and asked for recommendations for free ebooks on the subject.
micromass
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
micromass submitted a new PF Insights post

How to self-study analysis. Part II: intermediate analysis

selfstudyanalysis.png

Continue reading the Original PF Insights Post.

Likes Demystifier, CrunchBerries, ProfuselyQuarky and 1 other person
Physics news on Phys.org
Came across Carother's Real Analysis at my campus' "take because we don't want them" book pile. I think I'll take it and perhaps one day I'll be able to understand.

ProfuselyQuarky said:
Came across Carother's Real Analysis at my campus' "take because we don't want them" book pile. I think I'll take it and perhaps one day I'll be able to understand.

That day might come quicker than you think!

Likes ProfuselyQuarky
Ugh . . . you really are on PF 24/7 :smile::smile:
micromass said:
That day might come quicker than you think!
I hope so. Reading about metric spaces is fascinating (especially continuity).

Last edited:
ProfuselyQuarky said:
Welcome to PF @Lulumay!

Uh, no. That was supposed to be a compliment. I admire micromass' commitment and passion for math. Not sure why you thought otherwise :oldconfused:

I don't know, the "ugh" can be interpreted negatively :sorry:
I'm not on here 24/7 though, even though I'd like to be. We just happen to be online at the same time often...

Thank you micro ! Your guides are very helpful.

thanks alot
would you please introduce free ebooks in these subjects?
thanks again for your usefull guides

1. What is the purpose of self-study analysis in intermediate analysis?

The purpose of self-study analysis in intermediate analysis is to develop a deeper understanding of mathematical concepts and techniques. It allows individuals to apply their knowledge in problem-solving and gain a more comprehensive understanding of the subject.

2. How can I effectively self-study analysis in intermediate analysis?

To effectively self-study analysis in intermediate analysis, it is important to have a clear understanding of the fundamentals and to practice regularly. It can also be helpful to seek out additional resources, such as textbooks, online lectures, or study groups, to supplement your learning.

3. What are the key topics that should be covered in self-study analysis for intermediate analysis?

Some key topics that should be covered in self-study analysis for intermediate analysis include sequences and series, limits and continuity, derivatives, and integrals. It is also important to have a strong understanding of algebra and basic calculus concepts before diving into intermediate analysis.

4. How can I track my progress while self-studying analysis in intermediate analysis?

One way to track progress while self-studying analysis in intermediate analysis is to set specific goals and regularly assess your understanding of the material. This can be done through practice problems, quizzes, or self-evaluations. It can also be helpful to keep a study journal or notes to track your progress and identify areas that need further review.

5. What are some tips for staying motivated while self-studying analysis in intermediate analysis?

Staying motivated while self-studying analysis in intermediate analysis can be challenging, but there are some strategies that can help. Setting realistic goals, rewarding yourself for progress, and taking breaks when needed can all help keep you motivated. It can also be helpful to connect with others who are also studying the same material, as you can support and motivate each other along the way.