How to Simulate Residual Stress induced by Friction Stir Welding

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
6 replies · 3K views
Viren Parikh
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Hello all,

I am M.Tech student and doing my dissertation on friction stir welding stimulation in ANSYS Mechanical APDL. I need to simulate residual stresses induced during welding using ANSYS.

How can I do the same, please reply. I am a beginner in ANSYS. I don't have much knowledge of ANSYS
 
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Honestly this is a big job for someone that is an expert in Ansys, are you really expected to just figure it out? What's the real requirement for your assignment?
 
Actually i need to match the result obtained by the ANSYS and Experimental results so that I can validate my model.
 
Sounds like you're going to need to take a class in Ansys multiphysics analysis, there's way too much to cover on an internet forum. Are there any classes you can take to learn how to use the software?
 
i learn ANSYS from you tube, ANSYS help and few of my college faculties