Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How to Simulate Residual Stress induced by Friction Stir Welding

1. Sep 10, 2014 #1
    Hello all,

I am M.Tech student and doing my dissertation on friction stir welding stimulation in ANSYS Mechanical APDL. I need to simulate residual stresses induced during welding using ANSYS.

How can I do the same, please reply. I am a beginner in ANSYS. I don't have much knowledge of ANSYS

Last edited: Sep 10, 2014
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 10, 2014 #2

billy_joule

Science Advisor

Stimulate? Do you mean simulate?

4. Sep 10, 2014 #3
    yes simulate, sorry for spelling mistake

5. Sep 10, 2014 #4

Mech_Engineer

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Honestly this is a big job for someone that is an expert in Ansys, are you really expected to just figure it out? What's the real requirement for your assignment?

6. Sep 10, 2014 #5
    Actually i need to match the result obtained by the ANSYS and Experimental results so that I can validate my model.

7. Sep 10, 2014 #6

Mech_Engineer

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Sounds like you're going to need to take a class in Ansys multiphysics analysis, there's way too much to cover on an internet forum. Are there any classes you can take to learn how to use the software?

8. Sep 10, 2014 #7
    i learn ANSYS from you tube, ANSYS help and few of my college faculties

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook