How to solve Trignometry and Solution of Triangle questions

In summary: Hope that helps.If a, b, c represent the sides of triangle ABC then(a) AE is H.M. of b and c(b) AD = 2.b.c Cos (A/2)/(b+c)(c) EF = 4.b.c Sin (A/2)/(b+c)(d) The triangle AEF is isosceles.
snshusat161
On my school days it was very simple because I used to take whatever I've and keep solving and by some or other ways I get succeed answering it but now as we are bounded by very less time (nearly a minute) so now I'm facing very hard time. How you know in which direction you need to go. I can't find a very correct direction to proceed by just looking at the equation's given.

Physics news on Phys.org
I am not entirely sure what you mean.

But once you are given a right angled triangle, firstly identify the hypotenuse and then for a given angle identify which sides are the opposite side and adjacent side.

thanks, but that now I was asking. you have given a very limited answer. I want to know what come to mind when you see any questions of trigonometry. I know it is very difficult to tell what question strike our mind but for instance, I'm giving you one of the question from previous year paper.

" Internal bisector of an angle A of triangle ABC meets side BC at D. A line drawn through D perpendicular to AD intersects the side AC at E and the side AB at F. If a, b, c represent the sides of triangle ABC then

(a) AE is H.M. of b and c

(b) AD = 2.b.c Cos (A/2)/(b+c)

(c) EF = 4.b.c Sin (A/2)/(b+c)

(d) The triangle AEF is isosceles

The first thing that should come to mind is to draw a picture and labeling it using the given information. Hopefully that is obvious advice, but in my experience it is something that not all students do.

BTW, what is "H.M. of b and c"?

Harmonic mean of b and c. I'm on phone so i can't type latex code but take it as airth.. Mean of inverse of b and c

And then again invert the result to obtain h.m

1. What are the basic trigonometric functions?

The basic trigonometric functions are sine, cosine, and tangent. These functions are used to relate the angles and sides of a right triangle.

2. How do I solve for an unknown angle in a right triangle?

To solve for an unknown angle in a right triangle, you can use the inverse trigonometric functions (arcsine, arccosine, and arctangent) or the trigonometric ratios (sine, cosine, and tangent).

3. What is the Pythagorean theorem and how is it used in trigonometry?

The Pythagorean theorem states that in a right triangle, the square of the length of the hypotenuse is equal to the sum of the squares of the other two sides. In trigonometry, this theorem is used to find missing sides of a right triangle.

4. How do I apply trigonometry to real-life problems?

Trigonometry is used in many real-life applications, such as architecture, engineering, and navigation. It can be used to calculate distances, heights, and angles in various situations.

5. What are the different methods for solving a triangle?

There are several methods for solving a triangle, including the law of sines, the law of cosines, and the sine and cosine rules. These methods use different combinations of known angles and sides to find the missing values of a triangle.