How to understand which program is blocking websites?

In summary, you are experiencing problems with your browser and firewall. You need to check to see if either of them are turned on.
mech-eng
I have two different security tool: One is panda for antivirus and the other is Zonealarm as firewall. Now even my yahoo searches are being blocked by now. How can I understand which one or what program is blocking them? I checked the settings of Panda but I didn't see such configurations. Before I used Zonealarm with another antivirus there was no such a problem.

Thank you.

Computer science news on Phys.org
mech-eng said:
I have two different security tool: One is panda for antivirus and the other is Zonealarm as firewall. Now even my yahoo searches are being blocked by now. How can I understand which one or what program is blocking them? I checked the settings of Panda but I didn't see such configurations. Before I used Zonealarm with another antivirus there was no such a problem.

Thank you.
What browser are you using? It could be a browser issue, you know. Mozilla has recently gotten stricter about certificates.

phinds said:
What browser are you using? It could be a browser issue, you know. Mozilla has recently gotten stricter about certificates.

Chrome. I cannot fix the problem at all. The case is even more strange. I disabled both antivirus and firewall but the problem was still lasting. Then I tried a reboot. But nothing has changed. I read notifications given by browser. They are saying check your proxy settings. Even I cannot access the sites I accessed yesterday -a very strange case.

What should I do now?

Thank you.

Do you perhaps have a built-in Windows firewall running that you are not aware of?

phinds said:
Do you perhaps have a built-in Windows firewall running that you are not aware of?

I don't think but how can I check to be completely sure?

Thank you.

1. What is a program blocking websites?

A program blocking websites is a software or application that restricts or prevents access to certain websites on a computer or network. This can be done for a variety of reasons, such as parental controls, security measures, or workplace policies.

2. How can I tell if a program is blocking a website?

There are a few ways to determine if a program is blocking a website. One way is to try accessing the website and see if you get an error message or if the page does not load. You can also check your computer's security or firewall settings to see if the website is on a blocked list. Additionally, you can try accessing the website on a different device or network to see if it is accessible.

3. What are some common programs that block websites?

Some common programs that can block websites include antivirus software, parental control software, network firewalls, and web filtering programs. These programs may have specific settings or filters in place to block certain websites based on their content or security risks.

4. How can I unblock a website that is being blocked by a program?

If you believe a website is being incorrectly blocked by a program, you can try adjusting the settings of the program to allow access to the website. This may involve adding the website to a whitelist or exceptions list. You can also try disabling the program temporarily to see if that allows access to the website. If the program is being managed by a network administrator, you may need to contact them for assistance in unblocking the website.

5. Can a program blocking websites be harmful to my computer?

In most cases, a program blocking websites is not harmful to your computer. These programs are designed to protect your computer and network from potential threats. However, if you are experiencing frequent issues with accessing websites or if you do not recognize the program blocking the website, it is always a good idea to run a virus scan or consult a professional to ensure your computer's security is not compromised.