How to wire HeNe laser power supply with four input wires

  • Thread starter Thread starter Galgenstrick
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Laser Wiring
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
Galgenstrick
Messages
49
Reaction score
0
I just purchased a HeNe laser with a power supply that came with it. I am not sure how to wire the powersupply to test the laser. There are 4 input wires, Brown, Blue, Green and white. The output is already plugged in correctly. I can take pictures if needed.
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
Galgenstrick said:
I just purchased a HeNe laser with a power supply that came with it. I am not sure how to wire the powersupply to test the laser. There are 4 input wires, Brown, Blue, Green and white. The output is already plugged in correctly. I can take pictures if needed.

There are dangerous voltages present on the interface between the power supply and the HeNe tube. You need to get that info from the folks that you purchased it from.