HP50g or TI-89 Titanium: Which Calculator is Best for Calculus II?

  • Topic: Calculators 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Robert Pinney
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Ti-89 Titanium
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 9K views
Robert Pinney
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
I am currently in Calculus II and would like to know which calculator to get. I have read good arguments for both and am leaning towards the HP.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
If you are going to go further into engineering then go with HP its the safe pick. If you're just simply taking math courses for the hell of it then any regular calculator would do.

My personal choice would be.

1. HP50G

2. Casio 9860GII

3. TI89.
 
Duckrice44 said:
If you are going to go further into engineering then go with HP its the safe pick. If you're just simply taking math courses for the hell of it then any regular calculator would do.

My personal choice would be.

1. HP50G

2. Casio 9860GII

3. TI89.

I would like to add that if you choose the HP 50G, take the time to learn RPN syntax -- that's where you will REALLY see the power of the HP 50G.
 
I'm a freshman in high-school, so I'll be taking a lot more math classes.
 
I've seen those and would like new ideas from other people.