I am a new user of ansys 12 and i dont know if this program is

  • Thread starter Thread starter maxx_payne
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Ansys Program
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
maxx_payne
Messages
86
Reaction score
0
i am a new user of ansys 12 and i don't know if this program is excellent or not but i think it will take me a long time to learn it so guyz do u find it great program or not ?
 
Physics news on Phys.org


I would list between about 5 and 10 FE programs as "industry standard programs for mechanical engineering, used world-wide" and Ansys would certainly be on that list. In the UK it seems quite popular with universities, because it is quite easy to use compared with some other FE packages I could name!

When you first start on FE analysis there is a lot to learn, but most of the learning is about "how to do FE modelling in general", not "how to run a particular FE program", so most of what you learn will apply to any other FE program that you might use later on, and not just to Ansys.
 


I've seen it used far more in my industry than some of the others (Abaqus,Nastran,etc). As it being an excellent program, I think it absolutely is. V12 added a ton of new features that you can check out on their website. In fact, I believe 13 is out with some new features well.