I am elementary in coding with Fortran 90 and python

• Fortran
  • Thread starter Pooyannikeghbali
  • Start date
What I meant was that I want to use Fortran to create a model for my ASCII file. In summary, the speaker has experience with SPH and Fortran 90 and is currently studying GIS. They want to use Fortran to create a model for an ASCII file and then transfer it to Python. They also mention a forum for programming questions related to Fortran and Python.
Pooyannikeghbali
I have worked on SPH (Smoothed Particle Hydrodynamics) method and Fortran 90.
Now, I am studying GIS and I want to make a model in Fortran as an ASCII file and after that transfer it in python.

Last edited:
Likes berkeman
Technology news on Phys.org
Pooyannikeghbali said:
I want to make a model in Fortran for by ASCII file
What do you mean "for by ASCII file"?

Also, this is a good site for questions about Fortran and Python. Many members here are knowledgeable in these and other programming languages.

Likes Pooyannikeghbali
Mark44 said:
What do you mean "for by ASCII file"?

Also, this is a good site for questions about Fortran and Python. Many members here are knowledgeable in these and other programming languages.
Thank you, that was a mistake.

1. What is the difference between Fortran 90 and Python?

Fortran 90 is a high-level programming language primarily used for scientific and engineering applications, while Python is a general-purpose programming language that is widely used for web development, data analysis, and more. Fortran 90 is primarily used for numerical computations and is known for its efficiency, while Python is known for its readability and versatility.

2. Can I use Fortran 90 and Python together?

Yes, it is possible to use Fortran 90 and Python together. There are various ways to integrate these two languages, such as using external libraries or modules, or by using tools like f2py which allows for easy communication between Fortran and Python code.

3. Is Fortran 90 still relevant in today's programming landscape?

Yes, Fortran 90 is still widely used in scientific and engineering communities due to its efficiency and robustness in numerical computations. It is also continually updated and has a large community of users and developers supporting it.

4. How can I improve my skills in coding with Fortran 90 and Python?

One of the best ways to improve your skills in coding with Fortran 90 and Python is to practice regularly and work on different projects. You can also refer to online tutorials, forums, and documentation for both languages to learn new techniques and best practices.

5. Are there any resources available for beginners in Fortran 90 and Python?

Yes, there are plenty of resources available for beginners in Fortran 90 and Python, such as online tutorials, books, and courses. It is also helpful to join online communities or forums where you can ask questions and learn from experienced users.