I am stuck with a little javascript problem

In summary, the conversation is about using scripting to animate tabs on a webpage. The speaker has five tabs and wants to make a selected tab stand out using CSS and prevent the mouse pointer from changing when over the selected tab. They are seeking help with this issue.
ToonCare
I am using scripting my webpage's tabs I have 5 tabs and I'd like the tab animation
I am learning to make a selected tab to be... a selected tab. I'd like this to be done in css
I'd like the mouse pointer not to be changed into a hand when the mouse is over the selected tab. That's it I mean

Thank you

Technology news on Phys.org
Sorry, but I can't help. I am a C guy and have never done web dev.

However, I would like to suggest that perhaps you should describe your problem more thorougly and provide the code that you have tried to use. Then someone with javaScript knowledge may get a better idea of what you "mean."

for reaching out about your javascript problem. It sounds like you are trying to create an animation for your webpage's tabs and want to make sure that the selected tab is highlighted without changing the mouse pointer. This can be achieved using CSS by setting the cursor property to "default" for the selected tab. This will prevent the hand cursor from appearing when the mouse is over the tab. Additionally, you can use CSS animations to create a smooth transition between tabs. It may also be helpful to refer to online resources or consult with a web developer for specific code examples and troubleshooting tips. Keep experimenting and learning, and best of luck with your webpage!

What is Javascript?

Javascript is a programming language used to create interactive and dynamic elements on web pages. It is commonly used for client-side scripting to make web pages more interactive and responsive.

What is a Javascript problem?

A Javascript problem refers to an issue or error that occurs while writing or executing Javascript code. This can include syntax errors, logical errors, or unexpected behavior of the code.

How can I solve a Javascript problem?

To solve a Javascript problem, you can start by identifying the specific issue or error that is occurring. You can then use debugging tools, such as the console, to help pinpoint the problem. It is also helpful to refer to online resources or seek help from other programmers.

Why is it important to fix Javascript problems?

Fixing Javascript problems is important because these errors can prevent your code from running properly, resulting in a broken or non-functional website. It is also important for the overall functionality and user experience of your website.

How can I prevent Javascript problems in the future?

To prevent Javascript problems in the future, it is important to practice good coding habits, such as proper syntax, commenting your code, and using debugging tools. It is also helpful to continuously learn and stay updated on new Javascript techniques and best practices.