I forgot the name of a theory in Magnetism

In summary, the conversation discusses a theory about magnetism, possibly called Lentz' Law or the Kondo effect, which involves two sources and a shielding and influencing of the magnetic field. More information is needed to determine the exact theory mentioned.
GiacomoPaini
Can you help me
I don't remember a theory
The name was something like
Theory ok kamp (Kemp? )
Something like this
This theory is about magnetism, more precisely about how two sources shield and influence the field)
Do you know the name thank Jacky

Thank you

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to the PF. :smile:

Maybe you are thinking of Lentz' Law? Have a look at the Wikipedia page to see if any of that information helps to jog your memory...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnetism

Could you provide a bit more detail? What do you mean by two sources, and what generates the field? The closest match that comes to mind is the Kondo effect (starts with K) and has two 'sources' in the form of localized moments (electrons bound to specific atoms) and itinerant moments (conduction electrons moving freely through the lattice). There is a shielding process that takes place in the form of Kondo screening whereby conduction electrons cluster around a local moment in a quasi-bound state with their spins aligned opposite that of the local moment. This shielding results in a macroscopic drop in magnetization and, as a result, 'influences' the field generated by the material. Not sure if this is what you were referring to, but absent any additional information it is the best I guess I can provide.

1. What is the name of the theory in Magnetism that I forgot?

The theory you are referring to is the Theory of Electromagnetism, also known as Maxwell's Equations.

2. Who developed the Theory of Electromagnetism?

The theory was developed by James Clerk Maxwell in the 19th century.

3. What does the Theory of Electromagnetism explain?

The theory explains the relationship between electricity and magnetism, and how they are both manifestations of the same force.

4. How does the Theory of Electromagnetism impact our daily lives?

The theory is the basis for many modern technologies, such as electric motors, generators, and telecommunications. It also helps us understand the behavior of light and other electromagnetic waves.

5. Are there any other important theories in Magnetism?

Yes, there are several other theories in Magnetism, including the Theory of Magnetic Fields and the Theory of Magnetic Materials. These theories help us understand the behavior of magnetic fields and how materials can be magnetized.