Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I Hate 24 Hour Days

1. Jan 22, 2007 #1
    I Hate 24 Hour Days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bleh, caffeine, bleh, black coffee, bleh, doxylamine 25mg, bleh, bleh, bleh...

How by Dirac do you earthling humans manage with your fast-spinning angular momentum globe! Double dosage cvs doxylamine doesn't even make me drowsy, ugh, maybe I should go get a perscription for something. I'm the ultimate in insomnia, 36 hour days are natural for me. Maybe I should drop out of school and become a medical doctor. :confused:

Let's see, "Hilbert Space Operators in Quantum Physics", or facebook, which shall it be, hmm, tough choice...

(yup. the fock space wins every time!)
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 22, 2007 #2
    You sound like your missing out on a star trek convention.
  4. Jan 22, 2007 #3
    I (indefinite-particle-number-Hilbert-space)-ing HATE Star Trek! Inane television gimmick.
  5. Jan 22, 2007 #4
    Do you actually want to sound like a geek when you type? :confused:

Even the high school kids in here are not that bad..... :uhh:

Are we trying to imitate someone? I need more ionic phase detractors!

:rofl: :rofl:
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2007
  6. Jan 23, 2007 #5

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Way to cheat the PF obscenity censors, maternal Dutch/German-aircraft-maker-popular-during-the-Great-War.
  7. Jan 23, 2007 #6
    I think there are enough weighing anchors doing that on this forum with out encouraging people to swear. go forth and multiply yourself.:smile: :wink:

Fear not brother, these Earthlings take a little getting used to, have you seen their currency? Earth dollars? Pounds? What the hilbert is that all about? And don't get me started on the way they reproduce, it's just disgusting! They eat mouldy food too! And animal blood soaked with fat! Bleuch...:yuck:
  8. Jan 23, 2007 #7
    No, I really really don't. :frown:
  9. Jan 23, 2007 #8

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Why don't you work on backing off the caffeine before seeking a prescription medication to put you to sleep. I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to accomplish there anyway when you're alternating caffeine with sleeping pills. :confused:
  10. Jan 23, 2007 #9
    Seen it before, you can't do it sooner or later you end up nowhere and fast, if you want good sleep patterns go for natural, sleeping pills are a means to an end, and caffeine as a cure will leave you nowhere. Just use natural means, if you can't get enough sleep your losing the battle because of yourself, likewise with staying awake.

Have you any idea how much damage not getting enough sleep can cause? Most people don't, but studies into triple shift workers have shown they lose five years on average off their life expectancy, double shifts 1 or 2, and those who work regular hours are in the clear, so long as they get a good x hours.
  11. Jan 23, 2007 #10
    The trouble is not that I'm not getting enough sleep, I always get enough sleep. The trouble is that my professors are complaining that I get enough sleep.
  12. Jan 23, 2007 #11

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Don't sleep with your professors - that could get you all in trouble!
  13. Jan 23, 2007 #12

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

.. but TAs are ok, right? :redface:
  14. Jan 23, 2007 #13

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Yup! As you've learned, that only gets the TA in trouble. TAs are expendable!
  15. Jan 24, 2007 #14
    I got that alot in biology class, my tutor had one of those voices that was a monotonous drone, I liked biology but he made it sound so dry, I once fell asleep in his class, and then woke up rather too abruptly when he made a comment, giving myself a nose bleed, I did that in another tutor's class, but luckilly there was a microscope to hand. Young people seem to naturally prefer to get up early, but as you reach teenage years, your amount of sleep you need actually goes up for a few years, and then most young people tend to adopt a preference for later nights. It's hard to get out of the habbit of doing this.
  16. Jan 25, 2007 #15
    I don't know why, but I feel sleepy all the time. Well, at least on the days before tests and quizzes.
  17. Jan 25, 2007 #16

Homework Helper

In my experience, caffeine makes me more drowsy. Everything should try at least once going without for a while.
  18. Jan 26, 2007 #17
    Aye as soon as it wears off you need another fix to keep you up.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?