Why do people dislike cats so much?

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
In summary: Unfortunately, “Had” would be the word. But I have always taken interest in 'taming' a wild beasty, enjoying the challenge. It would be nice to have some of my animals with me again.
pace said:
I had an acquaintance that hated cats because they were so loud, so he mistreated and killed them back and forth to school :(

At least he was sending then to school :wink:

I know some folks - including a bunch of imbeciles on this forum - that raise their cats to be completely and blissfully uneducated critters. That's not spoiling them (actually, it's that too)- that's ruining their lives and condemning them to the alleys. :grumpy:

And don't you folks dare complain about exhorbitant tuition fees ! :devil:

Physics news on Phys.org
I had a cat who was not formally educated but she seemed to have a knack for mathematics. One day I left my calculus homework out on the kitchen table and came home to find that she had scratched up the paper. Not too strange because she liked to tear up paper towels and stuff when she was bored. But the weird thing was she had scratched across only one problem. I had to do that page over of course and wouldn't you know it she had scratched out the only problem I had worked out wrong!

I am happy to announce that Dr Foofer, who has been missing since the day after I posted his advertisement, has returned. :smile:

I was outside watering the plants when he walked up and demanded to be scratched.

He is fatter than ever. :approve:

WOW! He must have been really busy with all the new clientele from the ad! Where do you suppose he's hiding all the cash he made?

That's great, Evo. I am glad he came home.

I am happy to announce that Dr Foofer, who has been missing since the day after I posted his advertisement, has returned

Yay!

They are all evil I'm telling you.

Somewhere I read that many cats may have 2 or 3 homes; or more. It would appear that the good Dr has been spreading the love around a bit; silly human. :biggrin:

Math Is Hard said:
WOW! He must have been really busy with all the new clientele from the ad! Where do you suppose he's hiding all the cash he made?

That's great, Evo. I am glad he came home.
Ivan Seeking said:
They are all evil I'm telling you.

Somewhere I read that many cats may have 2 or 3 homes; or more. It would appear that the good Dr has been spreading the love around a bit; silly human.
I got suspicious as soon as I saw all the gold chains around his neck and the rings on his toes. :grumpy: This cat is rolling in money.

He apparently has a lucrative business going on. I think he may be involved in smuggling illegal possums over the border from Mexico to meet the demand for the free opossums he advertises.

Math Is Hard said:
I had a cat who was not formally educated but she seemed to have a knack for mathematics. One day I left my calculus homework out on the kitchen table and came home to find that she had scratched up the paper. Not too strange because she liked to tear up paper towels and stuff when she was bored. But the weird thing was she had scratched across only one problem. I had to do that page over of course and wouldn't you know it she had scratched out the only problem I had worked out wrong!

GOOD CAT! :biggrin: :approve:

Evo said:
I got suspicious as soon as I saw all the gold chains around his neck and the rings on his toes. :grumpy: This cat is rolling in money.

He apparently has a lucrative business going on. I think he may be involved in smuggling illegal possums over the border from Mexico to meet the demand for the free opossums he advertises.

GOOD CAT! :biggrin: :approve:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

anybody remember the "bonsai kitten" hoax ?
Thay would have been an hilarious laugh for cat-hater !

agh!

I don't see how you can hate cats, as long as it's the right cat. Mine never attacks you, runs away, (but she does stay out at night occaisonally) and is quite lovable. This is a stray I picked up. So obviously some cats are better than others, like dogs, where you can have the dumbest mutt that barks for 4 hours straight, or a really nice one.

But cats have the best hygiene.

Evo said:

Possum smuggling! My goodness! :rofl:

You know my first thought was that Foofer was getting together some money to put a contract hit out on the dog but...Gold chains!? Sounds like he's just been blowing all his cash on bling-bling. I bet he was even hanging out at some of P. Diddy's pool parties during his "vacation". Probably had J Lo constantly hand-feeding him bites of hors d'oerves and that's why he put on weight.Yep, that's got to be it. :approve:

Evo said:
You should be careful about revealing MC Foof's location, the FBI is setting up a "possum comitatus" to crack down on the smuggling...

plover said:
You should be careful about revealing MC Foof's location, the FBI is setting up a "possum comitatus" to crack down on the smuggling...
Uh oh. That could explain why he has refused to come inside the house. He wants to be able to run incase he's located. Dr Foofer, feline fugitive. :frown:

It seems that our little Zoobie had a scary day or two. Since moving to the sticks this has happened with every cat that we have ever owned I think; well, maybe not the Persian but all of the real cats. :biggrin:

As they grow up we see a constantly increasing amount of time running, who know's where, I guess out in the grass fields chasing mice. At some or several points in their life it seems that they either stray too far, or they are trapped by a dog or inside of a garage... in any event they uncharacteristically disappear for a couple days. When they do finally show up they are emotionally needy. It is not always obvious immediately but they will display a much greater dependency on one or both of us. They demand more attention and reassurance. This has happened with Zoobie this time. She has never allowed me to approach and pick her up unless she is sleeping and too tired to run like hell. :biggrin: She is Tsu's cat and that's that! Since returning from her little escapade she also comes to me for attention! :surprise:

I guess it is their nature to push the limits until they get into some kind of trouble. Then they stay much closer to home; pretty much permanently. It seems that this usually only happens two or three times and then that's it.

All pets are bloody useless. Every morning I come downstairs and find a plant knocked on the floor, pot broken and soil spilled everywhere, and the culprit rolling around in it. 4 kittens is hard work, especially when they team up, but when they are being egged on by the 4 adult cats, it gets impossible.

Dogs are crappy pets too. Throw a stick away and they give it back to you. If I wanted a stick that came back I would buy a boomerang. They are supposed to be man's best friend. Bull plop. How many times have my friends said to me "my dog helped my pull this hot lady!" NEVER. If I said "Fido, fix my car" he would just bring me a goddamn stick!