Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Calculators I have a few questions regarding the ti-89 titanium

Tags:
  1. May 23, 2007 #1
    i just bought one of these calculators and so far am loving it. i used to use a ti-84 silver edition and it had statistics tests intervals and distribution things built in to it. on the 89 it is not there and i have to install a separate app. but the problem is if the calculator is reseted then i won't have that program anymore. is it possible to sort of integrate it into the calculator so it doesn't get reseted (i am not using it to cheat). also how do you transfer data from ti-84 to ti-89. i have read the instruction manual and it didn't talk about it

also what is a good shell for games for this calculator. i have already tried doors os but don't know why it doesn't work

Last edited: May 23, 2007
  2. jcsd
  3. May 23, 2007 #2

ranger

Gold Member

When you reset the calculator, all memory is erased. The best you can is resend all the data. I've never tried it, but maybe archiving your data may protect it.
    If you wanna move files from the the 84, just use your computer as the middle man. As for filetype compatibility, I'm not sure about that.

4. May 23, 2007 #3
    so in other words there are no ways to transfer something directly from calculator to calculator? also i want to know whats a good shell to use with ti-89. kind of like the mirage os for ti-84 and 83. how do you install it on the calculaotr

Last edited: May 23, 2007
  5. Jun 2, 2007 #4

bfr

If your RAM gets reset, you won't lose any Flash Applications. And yes, you acn transfer calculator to calculator. You normally don't need any shells. Just run the program by typing its name on the homescreen followed by parenthases (). If you want, you can try iceberg, availible at www.ticalc.org. And, in case a TI-89 game doesn't work on your TI-89 Titanium (although many should), you can try the HW3patch, also availible at www.ticalc.org.

6. Jun 2, 2007 #5
    thanks but whenever i try transfering any data from my ti-84 se to the ti-89, it tells me unrecognized device on the 89 and xmit error on the 84.

7. Jun 2, 2007 #6

bfr

Well, you can't transfer data from your TI-84+ Se to your TI-89 Titanium. They are very different calculators. They don't even run on the same processor. You should be able to transfer files between your TI-84+ SE and another TI-84+ SE, the TI-84+, TI-83+ SE, TI-83+, and I think you can transfer certain things to a regular TI-83. The TI-89 Titanium can transfer files with other TI-89 Titaniums, and I think it can transfer most files with a regular TI-89, and some files with a TI-92, TI-92+, and Voyage 200.

8. Jun 27, 2007 #7

Mk

I use MirageOS, I liked it better than ION or any of the other ones.

9. Jun 27, 2007 #8

bfr

Mk:

1. MirageOS is for the TI-83+/Ti-84+, kevinf has a TI-89 Titanium. :)

2. Although MirageOS is decent, maybe you should try out DoorsCS, CrunchyOS, and NoShell.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?