I have a few questions regarding the ti-89 titanium

In summary, the conversation discusses the use of a TI-89 calculator and the difficulty in transferring data from a TI-84 calculator. The person is also looking for a good shell for games on the TI-89 calculator. They consider using MirageOS, but it is not compatible with the TI-89. Other suggestions for shells include DoorsCS, CrunchyOS, and NoShell.
kevinf
i just bought one of these calculators and so far am loving it. i used to use a ti-84 silver edition and it had statistics tests intervals and distribution things built into it. on the 89 it is not there and i have to install a separate app. but the problem is if the calculator is reseted then i won't have that program anymore. is it possible to sort of integrate it into the calculator so it doesn't get reseted (i am not using it to cheat). also how do you transfer data from ti-84 to ti-89. i have read the instruction manual and it didn't talk about it

also what is a good shell for games for this calculator. i have already tried doors os but don't know why it doesn't work

Last edited:
Computer science news on Phys.org
When you reset the calculator, all memory is erased. The best you can is resend all the data. I've never tried it, but maybe archiving your data may protect it.
If you want to move files from the the 84, just use your computer as the middle man. As for filetype compatibility, I'm not sure about that.

so in other words there are no ways to transfer something directly from calculator to calculator? also i want to know what's a good shell to use with ti-89. kind of like the mirage os for ti-84 and 83. how do you install it on the calculaotr

Last edited:
If your RAM gets reset, you won't lose any Flash Applications. And yes, you acn transfer calculator to calculator. You normally don't need any shells. Just run the program by typing its name on the homescreen followed by parenthases (). If you want, you can try iceberg, availible at www.ticalc.org[/url]. And, in case a TI-89 game doesn't work on your TI-89 Titanium (although many should), you can try the HW3patch, also availible at [url]www.ticalc.org[/URL].

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks but whenever i try transfering any data from my ti-84 se to the ti-89, it tells me unrecognized device on the 89 and xmit error on the 84.

Well, you can't transfer data from your TI-84+ Se to your TI-89 Titanium. They are very different calculators. They don't even run on the same processor. You should be able to transfer files between your TI-84+ SE and another TI-84+ SE, the TI-84+, TI-83+ SE, TI-83+, and I think you can transfer certain things to a regular TI-83. The TI-89 Titanium can transfer files with other TI-89 Titaniums, and I think it can transfer most files with a regular TI-89, and some files with a TI-92, TI-92+, and Voyage 200.

kevinf said:
also what is a good shell for games for this calculator. i have already tried doors os but don't know why it doesn't work
I use MirageOS, I liked it better than ION or any of the other ones.

Mk:

1. MirageOS is for the TI-83+/Ti-84+, kevinf has a TI-89 Titanium. :)

2. Although MirageOS is decent, maybe you should try out DoorsCS, CrunchyOS, and NoShell.

What is the ti-89 titanium calculator?

The ti-89 titanium calculator is a graphing calculator manufactured by Texas Instruments. It is designed for advanced mathematical and scientific calculations.

What are the main features of the ti-89 titanium?

The ti-89 titanium has many features including graphing functions, equation solving, calculus operations, and statistical analysis. It also has a large memory capacity and can be programmed with user-defined functions.

Is the ti-89 titanium allowed on standardized tests?

The ti-89 titanium is not allowed on most standardized tests, including the SAT and ACT. However, it is allowed on some tests such as the AP Calculus exam. It is always best to check with the testing organization for their specific calculator policies.

How do I transfer programs and data to the ti-89 titanium?

You can transfer programs and data to the ti-89 titanium using a USB cable or by using a computer software such as TI Connect. You can also transfer data from other calculators using a link cable.

What resources are available for learning how to use the ti-89 titanium?

There are many resources available for learning how to use the ti-89 titanium, including online tutorials, user manuals, and instructional videos. You can also find helpful tips and tricks from online communities and forums dedicated to ti-89 titanium users.