1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I havent even been taught this yet and i have homework due tomorrow on it!

1. Mar 2, 2009 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    A 500 g model rocket is being accelrated at 24.8 m/s/s. How much force is the engine producing?

A go cart is producing a force of 750 N. The friction opposing the cart is 600 N. The go cart is being accelerated at 12.6 m/s/s.
    1.) What is teh total force causing the acceleration?
    2. what is the total mass of the go cart and driver?

b.) What is my weight in kilograms? (Im 141 pounds)
    c.) what is my weight in newtons?
    d.) when i stand up on the floor how much force does the floor exert upward on me?
    e.) When i jump up, i need to get the floor to apply more force on me. Describe what i do to get the floor to apply this needed force. Also, state why it works..

2. Relevant equations

3. The attempt at a solution

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 2, 2009 #2

LowlyPion

Homework Helper

Looks like you've not applied yourself at all.

Start with F = m*a.

That should get you most of what you want.

Just remember to keep your units straight.

4. Mar 2, 2009 #3
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    A 500 g model rocket is being accelrated at 24.8 m/s/s. How much force is the engine producing?

Use f=ma
    force bing 500g (convert this to kg) and acceleration= 24.8

A go cart is producing a force of 750 N. The friction opposing the cart is 600 N. The go cart is being accelerated at 12.6 m/s/s.
    1.) What is teh total force causing the acceleration?
    2. what is the total mass of the go cart and driver?

Draw out a free bodied diagram

b.) What is my weight in kilograms? (Im 141 pounds)
    Not sure exactly, but use a conversian factor. I think 1kg=approx 2.2lbs
    c.) what is my weight in newtons? conversian factor
    d.) when i stand up on the floor how much force does the floor exert upward on me?the force=the force you push down with=your massin kgx acceleration due to gravity (9.8)
    e.) When i jump up, i need to get the floor to apply more force on me. Describe what i do to get the floor to apply this needed force. Also, state why it works.. for every action there is equal and opp reaction. When you push down with the set force, it pushes back with an equal force

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook