I havent even been taught this yet and i have homework due tomorrow on it

In summary: To get the floor to apply more force, you must push down harder, increasing the reaction force on you.
amandamolegir

Homework Statement

A 500 g model rocket is being accelrated at 24.8 m/s/s. How much force is the engine producing?

A go cart is producing a force of 750 N. The friction opposing the cart is 600 N. The go cart is being accelerated at 12.6 m/s/s.
1.) What is teh total force causing the acceleration?
2. what is the total mass of the go cart and driver?

b.) What is my weight in kilograms? (Im 141 pounds)
c.) what is my weight in Newtons?
d.) when i stand up on the floor how much force does the floor exert upward on me?
e.) When i jump up, i need to get the floor to apply more force on me. Describe what i do to get the floor to apply this needed force. Also, state why it works..

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

Physics news on Phys.org
Looks like you've not applied yourself at all.

Start with F = m*a.

That should get you most of what you want.

Just remember to keep your units straight.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Homework Statement
A 500 g model rocket is being accelrated at 24.8 m/s/s. How much force is the engine producing?

Use f=ma
force bing 500g (convert this to kg) and acceleration= 24.8

A go cart is producing a force of 750 N. The friction opposing the cart is 600 N. The go cart is being accelerated at 12.6 m/s/s.
1.) What is teh total force causing the acceleration?
2. what is the total mass of the go cart and driver?

Draw out a free bodied diagram

b.) What is my weight in kilograms? (Im 141 pounds)
Not sure exactly, but use a conversian factor. I think 1kg=approx 2.2lbs
c.) what is my weight in Newtons? conversian factor
d.) when i stand up on the floor how much force does the floor exert upward on me?the force=the force you push down with=your massin kgx acceleration due to gravity (9.8)
e.) When i jump up, i need to get the floor to apply more force on me. Describe what i do to get the floor to apply this needed force. Also, state why it works.. for every action there is equal and opp reaction. When you push down with the set force, it pushes back with an equal force

What is the best way to approach a homework assignment on a topic that has not been taught yet?

The best way to approach a homework assignment on a topic that has not been taught yet is to start by doing some research on the subject. Look for reliable sources such as textbooks, scholarly articles, and online resources. Take notes and try to understand the key concepts and ideas. If you are still struggling, reach out to your teacher or classmates for help.

Should I try to teach myself the topic before attempting the homework assignment?

It can be helpful to try to teach yourself the topic before attempting the homework assignment, but it is not necessary. As long as you have a basic understanding of the key concepts and can apply them to the assignment, you should be able to complete it successfully. However, if you are feeling lost and unsure of where to begin, it may be beneficial to do some extra research or ask for help.

What should I do if I am unable to complete the homework assignment on a topic that has not been taught yet?

If you are unable to complete the homework assignment on a topic that has not been taught yet, do not panic. First, make sure you have done your best to understand the material by researching and taking notes. If you are still struggling, reach out to your teacher for guidance. They may be able to provide additional resources or clarify any confusion you have. Remember, it is always better to ask for help than to turn in incomplete or incorrect work.

Is it okay to use outside sources to complete the homework assignment on a topic that has not been taught yet?

Yes, it is perfectly acceptable to use outside sources to complete a homework assignment on a topic that has not been taught yet. In fact, using additional resources can help you gain a better understanding of the topic and may even provide different perspectives. Just make sure to properly cite any sources you use and avoid plagiarism.

How can I avoid falling behind in a class when I am given homework on a topic that has not been taught yet?

To avoid falling behind in a class when given homework on a topic that has not been taught yet, it is important to stay organized and manage your time effectively. Make sure to keep track of all assignments and due dates, and prioritize your workload accordingly. If you are struggling with a particular topic, don't be afraid to ask for help or seek out additional resources to better understand the material.