Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I installed SQL Server in Win10...Without Config Manager?

Tags:
  1. Aug 4, 2018 #1

WWGD

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

[I cannot find my SQL Server Configuration Manager]
    Hi, I have installed both SQL Server Express 2017 and SQL Server Developer 2017 (Separately; not one as a Default or Otherwise Instance) , and they have both run without any major problem. Issue now is that I want to allow a remote connection ( I always ran both as local machines) which requires me to ( among other things) enable TCP/IP . But in order to do that I must use the Configuration Manager, which I cannot find my SQL Server Configuration Manager. Is it possible to download it as a stand-alone into SQL Server ( Through Management Studio, say), or do I have to uninstall the whole SQL Server? I don't know anything about Visual Studio which may be another option. I thought Config Manager would install itself automatically but it seems that is not the case.
    Any ideas, suggestions, please?
    EDIT: My apologies, tunnel vision .
    New Question: I am wondering if it would better to install it in the MSSQL Folder in Program Files?

Last edited: Aug 4, 2018
  2. jcsd
  3. Aug 5, 2018 #2

jedishrfu

Staff: Mentor

4. Aug 9, 2018 #3
    Do you know how to allow remote connections through your router? How are you going to keep this secure?

5. Aug 9, 2018 #4
    Sorry, that wasn't very helpful. What I should have said is that the easiest way to get a SQL Server installation running is to use a cloud service such as Microsoft Azure.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted