I just read this in one of Tesla's transcripts

• Thread starter Qaiphyx
  • Start date
In summary, Nikola Tesla describes his invention of a wireless transmitter in 1900 that could produce and transmit electro-magnetic activities with millions of horse-power. He also mentions his dream of transmitting power through the ionsphere, and how most of his patent applications are still under national security audit. Seven years after his death, a court ruled that the seven most important patents granted to Marconi actually belonged to Tesla. However, there is still dispute over whether his invention primarily used ground transmission rather than electromagnetic waves, as well as the evolving understanding of electromagnetic theory at the time.
Qaiphyx
"In 1900, however, after I had evolved a wireless transmitter which enabled me to obtain electro-magnetic activities of many millions of horse-power"

I don't understand how he's getting electro magnetism from wireless trasmission I guess?? I don't know I don't understand what he's talking about there.

Engineering news on Phys.org
A radio wave has electric and magnetic components so we call it an electromagnetic wave.

What Testa is describing in the quote is probably an invention of his famous "Tesla Coil" he built in Denver Colorado, that transmitted a lot of power at the time.

It ws teslas dream to produce power and transmit it via the ionsphere...
He said that wherever you were on the planet, you could get your power by tuning into it...
Most of his patent applications are still under US national security audit and haven't been released.
Seven years after his death, a court decided that the seven most important patents granted to marconi under the wireless section belonged to tesla.

check out the varian brothers. klystron tube shop at stanford. ilc in germany. hutchinson effect.(( and the philli experiment ( someones imagination of what tesla was talking about) ))
hope i do not get suspended for this.

As I understand Tesla's Tesla coil transmitter, a great deal of the power passed via ground transmission rather than electromagnetic waves. That he should call it electromagnetic activity is a matter of evolving symmantics. Electromagnetic theory was an evolving science at the time, still soft in spots.

1. What did Tesla's transcripts reveal about his scientific discoveries?

Tesla's transcripts revealed a wealth of information about his scientific discoveries, including his experiments with electricity, his theories on wireless communication, and his vision for alternative forms of energy.

2. How did Tesla's transcripts contribute to modern technology?

Tesla's transcripts served as a source of inspiration for modern technology, with his work on AC electricity serving as the foundation for our current electrical systems, and his ideas on wireless communication paving the way for modern day smartphones and wireless networks.

3. What were some of Tesla's most notable inventions mentioned in his transcripts?

Tesla's transcripts mentioned some of his most notable inventions, including the Tesla coil, the alternating current motor, and the remote control.

4. What challenges did Tesla face during his career as a scientist?

Tesla faced numerous challenges during his career as a scientist, including financial difficulties, conflicts with other inventors, and skepticism from the scientific community regarding his unconventional ideas.

5. How did Tesla's personal life influence his scientific work?

Tesla's personal life had a significant impact on his scientific work, with his experiences and relationships shaping his ideas and inventions. For example, his close relationship with his mother influenced his interest in electricity and his work on wireless energy transmission.