Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Tesla circuit radio mining for electrically independent house?

1. May 16, 2012 #1
    I remember a long time ago I read or watched something that talked about a guy that had a three story antenna and he was using a tesla based circuit to draw enough electrical power to power his household- for free. I recently ran across this
    [crackpot link deleted]
    nowwww, I also ran across this
    [crackpot link deleted]
    First off how the hell did that generator-beltsander setup work? i assume its just winding down very slowly, but still- could this be used to power most household electronics?
    Second, could a three story antenna be used to pirate enough electricity to keep a large household running? Could you use it to charge up... car batteries for example.. and use that to power the house? If that beltsander-alternator is practical, could it be used to maximize the milage you get out of your battery/antenna watts?
    Im a physics enthusiast, with very basic understanding of electricity. I got amps=volts/oms and I got that volts and amps are two expressions of electrical energy, current and drive (velocity?). From there, well my understanding of radio-electric conversion is something along the lines of the antenna "sympathetically ringing" with voltage/amps in 'resonance' with the radio waves put of by similar electrical flows (or rather by the resistor). So, anyone want to teach me the a,b,c's or why this wouldn't/would work?

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2012
  2. jcsd
  3. May 16, 2012 #2

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

If free energy from the air were possible, then every engineer on the planet would be marketing a device to do it, having already installed a working prototype to power their house. Since you don't see Home Depot littered with these devices, you can safely conclude they are hoaxes.

Thread locked.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook