What is it like to work with telecommunications and government agencies?

• Thread starter En_lizard
  • Start date
In summary, En_lizard is back and is currently working on several projects. She is also the single point of contact for the Department of Homeland Security - Customs and Border Patrol.
En_lizard
yes put your worriers back because I am back now:cool:

Physics news on Phys.org
En_lizard said:
yes put your worriers back because I am back now:cool:
Welcome back En_lizard!

<whacks En_lizard with a block of frozen fish>

Sorry, the fish haven't had time to thaw yet, that bruise should be gone in a few days. :redface:

You know Evo, you didn't have to hit him between the legs.

Mk said:

Oh man, can you imagine!?

...now the fish is frozen? Umm, I guess that's a lesson for people to stick onto PF and never get away for a while. :biggrin:

JasonRox said:
Oh man, can you imagine!?
Yep, she caught him square on the codpiece. :smile:

Mk said:
:redface: Math Is Hard is our official fish whacker, so I'm not responsible for my lack of fish whacking skills. :-p

radou said:
...now the fish is frozen? Umm, I guess that's a lesson for people to stick onto PF and never get away for a while. :biggrin:
Just got a new shipment of frozen fish for the PF Welcome Tent, but if Greg doesn't get the freezer fixed soon, we will be swatting newcomers with rotting fish again. :eek:

Evo said:
:redface: Math Is Hard is our official fish whacker, so I'm not responsible for my lack of fish whacking skills. :-p
She is more skillful (read gentle)?:smile:

Well, we all know that Evo is a self-avowed klutz, so we can't really expect her to have any better aim. And, in her defense, those blocks of frozen fish are pretty heavy when they first arrive and haven't been broken apart yet. It's not like we're ordering up minnows here. We've gone and splurged on some good fish for the new members. :biggrin: The swordfish are on backorder though...be thankful there weren't any of those involved in this minor mishap!

Ooh! Don't forget the sawfish incident.

turbo-1 said:
Ooh! Don't forget the sawfish incident.
ssssshhhh, we don't talk about that anymore... :rolleyes:

Well, Glen/Glenda seems to have coped as well as could be expected, although the ANS-sized implants are a bit much, IMO. Guys! :rolleyes:

S...sawfish? I'm outta this thread.

Evo said:
Welcome back En_lizard!

<whacks En_lizard with a block of frozen fish>

Sorry, the fish haven't had time to thaw yet, that bruise should be gone in a few days. :redface:

what a data networks consultant do?:smile:

En_lizard said:
what a data networks consultant do?:smile:
Right now I'm mostly involved with helping set up companies which will be delivering tv and movies over the internet. I advise them on what the network requirements are and design the network capacity they will need. Basically anything a large company needs to transfer data either through private data networks or the internet. Some of my customers are telephone companies and Internet Service Providers (ISPs).

I'm also the single point of contact for the Department of Homeland Security - Customs and Border Patrol.

Last edited:
So YOU'RE one who has been holding up my Joost Beta account!:mad:

Evo said:
Right now I'm mostly involved with helping set up companies which will be delivering tv and movies over the internet. I advise them on what the network requirements are and design the network capacity they will need. Basically anything a large company needs to transfer data either through private data networks or the internet. Some of my customers are telephone companies and Internet Service Providers (ISPs).

I'm also the single point of contact for the Department of Homeland Security - Customs and Border Patrol.

hmm sounds interesting! it will be great to date a lady like you.:!) :redface:

Related to What is it like to work with telecommunications and government agencies?

What is the meaning of "I'm Back Now - No Worries!"?

The phrase "I'm Back Now - No Worries!" is a common expression used to indicate that the person saying it has returned after being away for some time and wants to assure others that they have nothing to worry about.

Where does the phrase "I'm Back Now - No Worries!" originate from?

The origin of this phrase is unclear, but it is commonly used in colloquial English and may have originated from Australian or British slang.

Is "I'm Back Now - No Worries!" a commonly used phrase?

Yes, this phrase is commonly used in informal settings and is often used as a way to greet someone when they return after being away.

What are some synonyms for "I'm Back Now - No Worries!"?

Other similar phrases that convey a similar meaning include "I'm back and everything is okay", "I'm back and you can relax", or "No need to worry, I'm back now".

How is "I'm Back Now - No Worries!" typically interpreted?

This phrase is usually interpreted as a way to reassure others that the person saying it has returned and everything is under control, without causing any unnecessary concern or worry.