I need a 12v switch to respond to a 433.92 Mhz signal

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 3K views
remy2078
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Im not an elctrical engineer but I do need a source for the above mentioned switch. I would even be open to a simple schematic. Please Help.
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
remy2078 said:
Im not an elctrical engineer but I do need a source for the above mentioned switch. I would even be open to a simple schematic. Please Help.

Welcome to the PF.

What is the source of that signal? How is it being modulated? What receive signal level do you expect from a resonant antenna at your receiver?
 
This is a simple 12v dc current that I need to interrupt in the form of a RF receiver switch that simply will close up receiving the radio signal thus allowing the voltage to pass to the accuator
 
remy2078 said:
This is a simple 12v dc current that I need to interrupt in the form of a RF receiver switch that simply will close up receiving the radio signal thus allowing the voltage to pass to the accuator

Sure. But you need to answer the questions I asked, in order for us to help you. We need to know a lot more about the RF signal (its source, strength, modulation, etc.).
 
I can't seem to get that technical data all I can provide is the model and serial number of the source and hope you can find the specific info you need. WS4916 - DSC Wireless Heat & Smoke Detector
 
For this sort of thing, you'd almost certainly need a receiver from the same company (unless you disassembled one and discovered that the wireless module is just a COTS type module that you can purchase elsewhere).

Unfortunately, the DSC RXL2-433 wireless receiver relay driver doesn't list the fire alarm as a compatible device (though it might still work, even if it's not intended for the application--I'd contact DSC to see if they'd know). Using the DSC RF5108-433 receiver module doesn't output to a user form either (it's for integration into the DSC panel).

Maybe if you backed up a bit and told us what you're trying to accomplish, we can recommend an alternative?