Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I need a free circuit testing program

1. Feb 1, 2007 #1
    Does anyone here know of a good circuit testing program that is free that includes diodes? I need to find certain voltages on specific points on a circuit, and I can't find anything good out there that can help.

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 1, 2007 #2

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Last edited: Feb 1, 2007
  4. Feb 2, 2007 #3
    INTUSOFT (http://www.intusoft.com/) do a fully functional evaluation of their ICAPS Spice modelling software.

It is limited to 20 components in circuit but does allow you to group components into sub-circuits of up to 20 components each that boost the amount of actual components you can model.

It is all graphical and allows you to display the DC initial condition voltages on your schematic.
    Or you can do parametric sweeps to determine how voltages change with changing component values.

The standard library has over 1500 components and has both diode primatives that you can create your own diode model based on datasheet values and a wide range of commercial diode models.

5. Feb 5, 2007 #4

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

This reminds me that the TI simulator had an upper limit on the number of nodes in the circuit (less than 50, I think), but the LT simluator had no limit.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?