I need a free circuit testing program

In summary, there are a few free circuit testing programs available, such as SPICE-like freeware from chipmakers like Linear Technologies and TI, and the ICAPS Spice modelling software from INTUSOFT. These programs offer features such as graphical displays of DC initial condition voltages, parametric sweeps, and a wide range of component libraries including diode models. Some programs have limits on the number of components or nodes in a circuit, so it is important to check before use.
snowJT
Does anyone here know of a good circuit testing program that is free that includes diodes? I need to find certain voltages on specific points on a circuit, and I can't find anything good out there that can help.

Engineering news on Phys.org
INTUSOFT (http://www.intusoft.com/) do a fully functional evaluation of their ICAPS Spice modelling software.

It is limited to 20 components in circuit but does allow you to group components into sub-circuits of up to 20 components each that boost the amount of actual components you can model.

It is all graphical and allows you to display the DC initial condition voltages on your schematic.
Or you can do parametric sweeps to determine how voltages change with changing component values.

The standard library has over 1500 components and has both diode primatives that you can create your own diode model based on datasheet values and a wide range of commercial diode models.

This reminds me that the TI simulator had an upper limit on the number of nodes in the circuit (less than 50, I think), but the LT simluator had no limit.

What is a circuit testing program?

A circuit testing program is a software tool used by engineers and technicians to check the functionality and performance of electronic circuits. It helps to detect and diagnose any faults or issues in the circuit design.

Why do I need a circuit testing program?

A circuit testing program is essential for ensuring the proper functioning of electronic circuits. It helps to identify any errors or malfunctions in the circuit design, which can save time and resources in the long run.

Is there a free circuit testing program available?

Yes, there are several free circuit testing programs available online. These programs offer basic functionality for testing circuits and are suitable for simple projects or hobbyists. However, for more complex circuits or professional use, it is recommended to invest in a paid program with advanced features.

What are the key features of a circuit testing program?

A circuit testing program should have features such as circuit simulation, component testing, and fault detection. It should also have a user-friendly interface and support a variety of circuit designs and components.

Can a circuit testing program replace physical testing of circuits?

No, a circuit testing program cannot entirely replace physical testing of circuits. While it can simulate the behavior of a circuit, physical testing is still necessary for accurate results and to detect any physical defects in the circuit components.