I need a mother's help fruit flies are overtaking my room

• Thread starter flyingpig
  • Start date
DoggerDan
Are you using central A/C or merely keeping the windows open? Fruit flies go right through regular screens.

I tried the cone, sure it would work. While I watched, a half dozen fruit flies climbed back out through the tiny hole and flew away.

These strips however are working great.

I've got one on my bananas and one in a glass with a bit of wine. Fruit flies loooooove wine.
I also had a similar lack of success with the cone approach, so I went with sticky strips too. I put a sticky strip right next to a small cup with vinegar and banana inside a clear plastic box with a relatively small opening.

DaveC426913
Gold Member
I also had a similar lack of success with the cone approach, so I went with sticky strips too. I put a sticky strip right next to a small cup with vinegar and banana inside a clear plastic box with a relatively small opening.
Ooh. I like the nesting-inside-the-box feature. That would work even better. Doesn't prevent them smelling it and entering, but it makes it much more likely that they'll land on the strip, since there's less to land on.