I need generator which at 150000 rpm give 42A at 10kW current

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
6 replies · 3K views
kacyz
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Hello, I need Your help. I am looking for generator and I don't know were to find it.
I need generator witch at 150000 rpm give 42A at 10kW current.
This generator I will use at my car turbine, so it should be smoll.
Thank you for your help.
 
Engineering news on Phys.org


You are saying you want to hook a turbo-charger to this generator? Do you really think a turbo-charger can give you the required torque to supply this kind of power? By 10KW of 'current' I assume you mean power as in Watts. 'Current' is measured in amperes which you have already spec'd at 42.
 


kacyz said:
Hello, I need Your help. I am looking for generator and I don't know were to find it.
I need generator witch at 150000 rpm give 42A at 10kW current.
This generator I will use at my car turbine, so it should be smoll.
Thank you for your help.

Do you mean 15,000 RPM?
 


I attach an idea that I am talking about. I am planning to adjust this system in the hybrid car to charge batteries.

What do you think about heat exchanger, what could be inside it?
 
Attachments


kacyz said:
I attach an idea that I am talking about. I am planning to adjust this system in the hybrid car to charge batteries.

What do you think about heat exchanger, what could be inside it?

What are you proposing with this turbine in your document? Are you trying to convert energy in the airflow past the car into electrical energy? That is not going to help the efficiency of the vehicle.

Your calculations appear to be off the mark as well.
 


Looks like he's trying to build a gas turbine (jet) engine using engine heat as a substitute for combusted gas. Interesting idea, I'm just not sure you can recover heat efficiently enough this way to matter.

In any case, the answer to the question in the OP is that generators just plain don't do 150,000 rpm: gas turbine power plants have reduction gears. You'll want to tie the turbine to a reduction gear to power the generator.
 


I agree that is difficult to create generator with 150000 rpm, but with reduction gear I can reduce rpm, so how much generator can have rpm?