I need some information about hydrodynamics

In summary, the conversation discusses the need for data on the connection between the speed or power of a turbulent flow and the range of vibration frequencies it can create on a submerged body. The suggestion is made to search for information on Google about von Karman streets and Boundary-Layer Theory by Hermann Schlichting. It is also recommended to look into books on aeroelasticity and turbulent flows, such as Pope's book.
Coldy
Hello,
I need data (articles and books) about what connection there is between the speed (or the power) of a turbulent flow and the range of vibration frequencies that it can create on the body submerged in the flow.
Thanks in advance.

Physics news on Phys.org
I don'n know how is the shape of the submerged body but you can start with a search on google about von karman streets (valid for cilinders). Also you can found some graphs in "theory of boundary layer", a classic book (the author is schligting, I do not remember exactly the spelling).

curioso77 said:
I don'n know how is the shape of the submerged body but you can start with a search on google about von karman streets (valid for cilinders). Also you can found some graphs in "theory of boundary layer", a classic book (the author is schligting, I do not remember exactly the spelling).

I think you mean "Boundary-Layer Theory", by Hermann Schlichting, 3. English edition, 1968

It sounds like you could use a good book on aeroelasticity and one on turbulent flows (e.g. Pope).

SteamKing: you are right. Thanks

What is hydrodynamics?

Hydrodynamics is the study of fluid motion and the forces that influence it. It is a branch of physics that deals with the behavior of fluids, such as water and air, in motion.

How is hydrodynamics used in real life?

Hydrodynamics has many practical applications, such as in designing ships and submarines, predicting weather patterns, and understanding the flow of blood in the human body. It is also used in engineering and environmental studies.

What are the basic principles of hydrodynamics?

The basic principles of hydrodynamics include the conservation of mass, momentum, and energy. In other words, the total amount of fluid, its motion, and its energy remain constant unless acted upon by external forces.

What is the difference between hydrodynamics and hydraulics?

Hydrodynamics and hydraulics are closely related, but they have different focuses. Hydrodynamics deals with the motion of fluids, while hydraulics focuses on the use of fluids to generate power or control machinery. In simple terms, hydrodynamics is the science behind fluid motion, while hydraulics is the practical application of that science.

What are some common examples of hydrodynamics in everyday life?

Some common examples of hydrodynamics in everyday life include the flow of water in a river, the movement of air in a wind tunnel, and the behavior of waves in the ocean. It also plays a role in household activities such as filling a bathtub or using a garden hose.