I need some information about hydrodynamics

• Thread starter Coldy
  • Start date
Hello,
I need data (articles and books) about what connection there is between the speed (or the power) of a turbulent flow and the range of vibration frequencies that it can create on the body submerged in the flow.
Thanks in advance.

I don'n know how is the shape of the submerged body but you can start with a search on google about von karman streets (valid for cilinders). Also you can found some graphs in "theory of boundary layer", a classic book (the author is schligting, I do not remember exactly the spelling).

SteamKing

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
I don'n know how is the shape of the submerged body but you can start with a search on google about von karman streets (valid for cilinders). Also you can found some graphs in "theory of boundary layer", a classic book (the author is schligting, I do not remember exactly the spelling).
I think you mean "Boundary-Layer Theory", by Hermann Schlichting, 3. English edition, 1968

boneh3ad

Science Advisor
Insights Author
Gold Member
It sounds like you could use a good book on aeroelasticity and one on turbulent flows (e.g. Pope).

SteamKing: you are right. Thanks