1. PF Contest - Win "Conquering the Physics GRE" book! Click Here to Enter
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I need some Modern physics text book suggestion

1. Apr 30, 2010 #1
    I am in my freshmen year and I am taking a course on Modern Physics. We use the book "Concept of Modern Physics" by Arthur Beiser. I have huge problem understanding the wave and particle dual properties of matter. And now we are about to start Quantum Mechanics. it seems further complicated. I missed some classes in the beginning. So, I missed some important lectures. I need to cover them fast. The book I mentioned is good. yet I miss some key factors in it. So, can anyone please recommend a more descriptive book on this subject

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2010
  2. jcsd
  3. May 1, 2010 #2
    why not try to use internet resources for understanding that particular thing better? or just ask questions here?

it seems like a waste of money to buy one more book "just for that" since you will probably never use those "modern physics" book later on in your studies.
  4. May 1, 2010 #3
    Just saying, I for one much prefer physical books over online/ebooks. Much easier on the eyes.
  5. May 1, 2010 #4
  6. May 1, 2010 #5
    Well, that was embarrassing.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook