Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I need some Modern physics text book suggestion

1. Apr 30, 2010 #1
    Hi
    I am in my freshmen year and I am taking a course on Modern Physics. We use the book "Concept of Modern Physics" by Arthur Beiser. I have huge problem understanding the wave and particle dual properties of matter. And now we are about to start Quantum Mechanics. it seems further complicated. I missed some classes in the beginning. So, I missed some important lectures. I need to cover them fast. The book I mentioned is good. yet I miss some key factors in it. So, can anyone please recommend a more descriptive book on this subject

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2010
  2. jcsd
  3. May 1, 2010 #2
    why not try to use internet resources for understanding that particular thing better? or just ask questions here?

it seems like a waste of money to buy one more book "just for that" since you will probably never use those "modern physics" book later on in your studies.

4. May 1, 2010 #3
    Just saying, I for one much prefer physical books over online/ebooks. Much easier on the eyes.

5. May 1, 2010 #4
    printer

6. May 1, 2010 #5
    Well, that was embarrassing.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook