Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I paid *unknown, but expensive* to see your country.

1. Nov 28, 2004 #1
    I arrive in the U.S of A on December 1. I'll be in L.A., California with my family to do a bit of sightseeing. You guessed it - we'll be in Disneyland for 5 days. My uncle from Canada is driving down to L.A. to meet us, and we'll be touring L.A. in his car. We will also be visiting Universal Studios.

I hope that by revealing the fact that I have a 7-year-old brother, you will understand our itinerary.

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 28, 2004 #2

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Disney is for kids of ALL ages! :biggrin: Have a GREAT time!!!!

4. Nov 28, 2004 #3
    7 year old brother, sure.
    Look there's nothing wrong with wanting to go to Disneyland. so remember, you can lie to your friends but don't lie to us.

5. Nov 28, 2004 #4
    Don't forget to visit the Grand Canyon in AZ.

(I can get you a great deal at a hotel in Flagstaff.)

6. Nov 28, 2004 #5
    I'm not sure why I didn't want to say this in the first post, but I'll actually be spending very little time in the U.S. (a week) and more time in Canada (a week and a half).

The Grand Canyon is less than a day's drive from L.A., right?

7. Nov 28, 2004 #6
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2004
  8. Nov 28, 2004 #7
    and if you go to the Grand Canyon you can stop by and say hi.
    Arctic, how can you get good deals in Flagstaff? I go there about 3 times a month.

9. Nov 28, 2004 #8

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

How close are you to the Grand Canyon?

10. Nov 28, 2004 #9

Connections... :cool:

I'm friends with someone who owns several hotels in Flag.

PM me if you'd like.

11. Nov 29, 2004 #10
    not too close, we're just friends.

actually i'm about 2-3 hours away

12. Nov 29, 2004 #11

Tsu

Gold Member

recon, if you are driving from LA to Canada, could you stop and say hi to your Auntie in Oregon?? And instead of planning a special trip way out of the way (not really :biggrin: :devil:) to the Grand Canyon, it would be just a short jaunt off of I-5 (major interstate freeway) on the way to Canada to see the amazing and world-reknown Giant Artichoke in Castroville, CA!!

[​IMG]

Sure beats the Grand Canyon all to heck, doesn't it??? :rofl: :rofl:

13. Nov 29, 2004 #12

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

recon, you also have an auntie over at UCLA, so let me know if you would like a tour. :smile:

14. Nov 29, 2004 #13

Integral

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

You will be passing in sight of what should become a PF shrine. The Home Depot in Albany Oregon, Where Ivan Seeking and I first met for hot dogs. At least honk when you go by! (Oregon I5 exit 234)

15. Nov 29, 2004 #14

where in Canada? somewhere in southern BC i guess; maybe victoria, vancouver, squamish....

16. Nov 29, 2004 #15

loseyourname

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

It doesn't take any longer than two days to see all of the Disney resort. A day and a half for Disneyland and half a day for California Adventure. If you want to shop Downtown Disney, I suppose another half-day. Promise me you'll see Innoventions when you go to Disneyland. I used to perform in the shows there.

17. Nov 29, 2004 #16
    :surprised :surprised :surprised :surprised :surprised :surprised

I'm going to California too! (but on December 26th i think) :surprised --> :mad:

18. Nov 29, 2004 #17
    He's from Vancouver.

*Looks for a Map of the USA*

Arizona is way, way out of the way, so sorry tribdog - I guess I won't get to see the Grand Canyon. I hope that the more accessible Giant Artichoke will make a good substitute as I don't think I can pass up the opportunity to see a major American vegetable. I've seen Frozen Broccolis before, so that's off my list already.

We'll be making a stop for the night on our road trip to Canada. I'm not sure where that stop will be made, but it might very well be in Oregon or near Oregon, seeing that it is right between California and Washington. I'll make sure that I'm wide awake all along the I-5.

loseyourname, it was my uncle's suggestion that we spend 5 days at Disneyland. Apparently, if you buy a 3-day pass to Disneyland, they give you an additional 2-day entrance for free. I'm already looking forward to visiting Innoventions.

19. Nov 29, 2004 #18

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

You must be leaving real soon, I imagine...so have a nice trip :smile:

20. Nov 30, 2004 #19

Tsu

Gold Member

Wave to Lake Shasta for me!! It's the best houseboating and waterskiing lake in the world! :biggrin:

21. Nov 30, 2004 #20
    O.K., people. I guess this is my last post until I get to Canada. See you all in 10 days.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?