Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

If one of your friends got a tattoo of you

1. Jan 6, 2015 #1
    would you feel honored or creeped out?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2015
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 6, 2015 #2

phinds

Gold Member
    2016 Award

I don't have any friends that stupid.

4. Jan 6, 2015 #3

Matterwave

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I'd feel like it'd be a totally natural thing to do...I mean who wouldn't want to inscribe my handsome face permanently onto their flesh?

5. Jan 6, 2015 #4

phinds

Gold Member
    2016 Award

Damn shame I'm so ugly, otherwise I might feel the same way. :smile:

6. Jan 7, 2015 #5
    Wow lol, after having a good laugh, I'd be extremely creeped out.

7. Jan 7, 2015 #6

Doug Huffman

Gold Member

I had a worker that decided to become a model but was required to remove his traditional sailor tattoo @ US$1500/inch^2. He wore a large bandage for months as the pigments were lased away.

8. Jan 7, 2015 #7

Ryan_m_b

Staff: Mentor

It depends completely on the friends in question. Personally I'm not a big fan of tattoos (for myself, not others) so would find the notion weird, even amongst my very close friends. However my cousin and his best friend got matching style tattoos of each others nicknames. So I guess the only relevant answer to this question is to ask how you feel about your friend doing this?

9. Jan 7, 2015 #8

Doug Huffman

Gold Member

I believe that the truth of (many of) these statements depend critically on the meaning of friend. None of my acquaintances have visible body modifications beyond styled (facial) hair.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook