I'm 16 and need/want a life in Physics.

In summary, To achieve my goals, what are the requirments for a Theoritcal Phyisist? - Thanks for reading you guys.
An Open Mind said:
I don't play sports :uhh: but I like playing basket ball :eek:

[QUOTE="Wikipedia]Basketball is a team sport in which two teams of five players try to score points by throwing or "shooting" a ball through the top of a basketball hoop while following a set of rules. Basketball is one of the world's most popular and widely viewed sports.[/QUOTE]
(Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basketball)

Emphasis mine.

Physics news on Phys.org
Wow! Sorry to butt in but, holy motherload of resources! Thank you to all who posted. even if the OP doesn't use this information, it will not go to waste. Thank you.

What is the OP? I'd research it my self but meh you guy's are my google now :D.

OP means opening poster AKA you Open mind

Alright everyone thanks for everything you done for me, I've got all these links saved. You've given me a big boost because now I know what I have to learn :). I think I'm about finished with this thread but I'm sure I'll have a lot more questions about other things. Peace ;p

xdrgnh said:
OP means opening poster AKA you Open mind

Wait whattt so when joshmadakor said this:

I'm wondering if the OP is a troll. Even if he's a troll, I could laugh quite heartily, several times as well as gain a few sources of good information and some good advice from the seasoned physicists. Thank you everyone.

Was he saying I was a troll or what it's hard to follow what you guys say some times I've never seen well spoken people write/speak like that.

Yes, he is suggesting the possibility of you being a troll. I personally don't think you are though. But heck, I could be wrong.

kcajrenreb said:
Yes, he is suggesting the possibility of you being a troll. I personally don't think you are though. But heck, I could be wrong.

For the record, I think it's the 6600 word thesis that's bringing on the heat.

Yeah, very true. But then again, there are people who do that kind of stuff!

kcajrenreb said:
Yeah, very true. But then again, there are people who do that kind of stuff!

I guess 6600 words isn't much at all (30 pages perhaps) especially if you're typing notes and musings in a single file.

I've been working on transhumanism primer that is easily that length, and several papers I've written up for class or simply to lay out some musings have easily been a few thousand words.

Eh, I'm not judging anyone, no matter how many damn musings they write down. Personally, I'd never do something like that, but again, everyone's different.

kcajrenreb said:
Eh, I'm not judging anyone, no matter how many damn musings they write down. Personally, I'd never do something like that, but again, everyone's different.

I've actually found it helpful to keep a sort of "intellectual" journal (http://foucault.info/documents/foucault.hypoMnemata.en.html"); it allows me to gather my thoughts and recap on things recently learned. I might also play with some vague ideas in order to help them fall into a broader framework of more concrete ideas and become more precise.

Of course, I'm one of those people who has a certain appreciation for certain types of philosophical meta-analysis (mostly philosophy of mathematics and logic, some piddling around with cognitive science and free will and the ethical implications of neuroeconomics -which is the neuroscience of human motivation/preference-; of course no new knowledge is gained by this sort of musing, but it can help to draw connections between pieces of scientific/mathematical knowledge that have been acquired on different occasions).

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys! What the heck! I'm not a troll I'm here to learn and I just wanted to ask the forum what things they think I should be studying. This thread is finished I have what I came for. This is off the topic now, enough please.