1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I'm pretty clueless about how to get scholarships I have tried

1. May 25, 2010 #1
    I'm pretty clueless about how to get scholarships... I have tried searching online but all I have found are school-specific ones.

I got accepted into a good university, and just got my financial aid award... and I'm still about $9000 dollars short! So I really need to get some scholarships or I'm pretty much gonna be screwed. How have any of you gone about getting them in the past?

2. jcsd
  3. May 25, 2010 #2
    Re: Scholarships

Well, I'm taking out a lot of loans. That's how I pay for college!

That, and my parents.

4. May 25, 2010 #3

The idea of being tens of thousands of dollars in debt when i still have grad school ahead of me is scary though. i don't see how i can ever afford that. And I'm getting no assistance from my parents or anyone.

5. May 25, 2010 #4

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

You should contact the financial aid department at the university you plan to attend ASAP. They're probably your best source of information.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook