I'm pretty clueless about how to get scholarships I have tried

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mu naught
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Scholarships
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
Mu naught
Messages
208
Reaction score
2
I'm pretty clueless about how to get scholarships... I have tried searching online but all I have found are school-specific ones.

I got accepted into a good university, and just got my financial aid award... and I'm still about $9000 dollars short! So I really need to get some scholarships or I'm pretty much going to be screwed. How have any of you gone about getting them in the past?
 
Physics news on Phys.org


Well, I'm taking out a lot of loans. That's how I pay for college!

That, and my parents.
 


jgm340 said:
Well, I'm taking out a lot of loans. That's how I pay for college!

The idea of being tens of thousands of dollars in debt when i still have grad school ahead of me is scary though. i don't see how i can ever afford that. And I'm getting no assistance from my parents or anyone.
 


You should contact the financial aid department at the university you plan to attend ASAP. They're probably your best source of information.