Improving Physics Skills: From Fundamentals to Flight

• Thread starter Mayhem
  • Start date
In summary, Improving Physics Skills: From Fundamentals to Flight is a comprehensive guide that covers the basics of physics and how it applies to the mechanics of flight. The book includes exercises and practice problems to help readers develop their understanding of key concepts such as Newton's laws, energy, and momentum. It also delves into more advanced topics like aerodynamics and rocket propulsion. With clear explanations and real-world examples, this book is a valuable resource for anyone looking to improve their physics skills and gain a better understanding of the principles behind flight.
Mayhem
I'm just an amateur at physics, and while I do wish to pursue chemistry, I like learning physics as there isn't a single scientific field where a deeper understanding of physics isn't useful. Right now I am just trying to get a more fundamental grip of mechanics (going through Taylor's) and from there I will build my way up through the typical undergraduate stuff.

My interest in physics was sparked when I read about how rockets worked. I quickly figured out that without a solid foundation in mechanics, it is hopeless to understand the details of rocket science (particularly flight), and here I am.

To be honest, I signed up to get help with some problems. I have next to no confidence in my abilities, so I need affirmation that what I am doing is right; not all the problems that interest me are from textbooks, but arise from every day observations.

Hello everyone!

Likes berkeman and PeroK
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF. You came to the right place.

Use our search tool. Many of your questions may already be answered. If not, then choose the right subforum and post your question.

Likes Mayhem
@Mayhem -- You changed your avatar! :smile:

1588610804192.png

Likes Bystander