Usually in University projects, you get few marks for the design and for actually making it. You get the marks for explaining why you made the design decisions.
So what you have done is good, looking at the thermodynamic cycle can help you to make infomed design decisions. Such as selecting the correct compressor, or heat exchanges sizes. As you put in bold the key is that it's a trpical, so therefore likely to be a humid environment. You may want to look into the issues that this will cause to a refrigiraion cycle. Looking at the external factors of temperature and vapour saturation.
This will also have a practical effect on any compressor you will use. Generally trying to compress saturated and unsaturated vapour is bad. The humidity may have an effect on that. I know any fluid droplets destroys turbines quickly (whish isn't an issue as you won't be using one, but I don't know if it would do the same to a compressor.
So far what you have done looks good. I can't really remember enough about refrigiration to comment technically. I'd have to read up on it, but don't have the time to at the moment. Someone around here will be able to give good technical advice.One big thing to remember, every single step you take, everythig you do. You have to be able to explain why you did it, not just what you did.
But so far so good.