Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

News Indo-Pak vs Israel-Palestine

1. Feb 18, 2009 #1
    If you make India more stronger and Pakistan more unstable and weaker, would you get Israel-Palestine situation?

Recent South Asian tensions got me wondering if these two conflicts are similar.

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 18, 2009 #2

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Not sure what you mean by 'weaker. As long as Pakistan has it's nuclear capability, there will be big differences between Israel-Palestine and India-Pakistan in the nature of the interactions between Governments and in the nature of military campaigns.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2009
  4. Feb 18, 2009 #3
    Yes, I meant taking away the nuclear capabilities.

I think it's the same type of conflict, only difference is that Pakistan is more stable, powerful, and capable of doing sizable harm to its neighbor and this makes the region more stable.

5. Feb 18, 2009 #4

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

The bases for the conflicts are similar, though there isn't the added problem of the disputed territory also being much of a "holy land" for either Muslims of Hindus. Would a weaker Pakistani government overtly support terrorism? I couldn't guess.

6. Feb 18, 2009 #5
    I think if Pakistan goes all unstable and weaker it would be no more than Palestine under Hamas.

I was thinking about all (active and popular) world conflicts that are due to territorial disputes, cultural differences, and political motives. Saw some similarities between these two conflicts.
    N.Korea vs S.Korea is the other one but I wonder if it is similar to the other two.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2009
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook