News Indo-Pak vs Israel-Palestine

If you make India more stronger and Pakistan more unstable and weaker, would you get Israel-Palestine situation?

Recent South Asian tensions got me wondering if these two conflicts are similar.

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Not sure what you mean by 'weaker. As long as Pakistan has it's nuclear capability, there will be big differences between Israel-Palestine and India-Pakistan in the nature of the interactions between Governments and in the nature of military campaigns.

Last edited:
Not sure what you mean by 'weaker'. As long as Pakistan has it's nuclear capability, there will be a big difference between Israel-Palestine and India-Pakistan.
Yes, I meant taking away the nuclear capabilities.

I think it's the same type of conflict, only difference is that Pakistan is more stable, powerful, and capable of doing sizable harm to its neighbor and this makes the region more stable.

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
The bases for the conflicts are similar, though there isn't the added problem of the disputed territory also being much of a "holy land" for either Muslims of Hindus. Would a weaker Pakistani government overtly support terrorism? I couldn't guess.

The bases for the conflicts are similar, though there isn't the added problem of the disputed territory also being much of a "holy land" for either Muslims of Hindus. Would a weaker Pakistani government overtly support terrorism? I couldn't guess.
I think if Pakistan goes all unstable and weaker it would be no more than Palestine under Hamas.

I was thinking about all (active and popular) world conflicts that are due to territorial disputes, cultural differences, and political motives. Saw some similarities between these two conflicts.
N.Korea vs S.Korea is the other one but I wonder if it is similar to the other two.

Last edited:

The Physics Forums Way

We Value Quality
• Topics based on mainstream science
• Proper English grammar and spelling
We Value Civility
• Positive and compassionate attitudes
• Patience while debating
We Value Productivity
• Disciplined to remain on-topic
• Recognition of own weaknesses
• Solo and co-op problem solving