Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Instruments with electromagnetic nozzle

  1. Sep 7, 2014 #1
    I recently saw an technical instrument that uses electromagnetic field to capture and move small objects. For example it can be used to capture and unscrew nut(female screw). How this instrument can be named right to find its description in the Internet?
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 8, 2014 #2


    User Avatar
    Science Advisor

    A female threaded fastener is called a nut.

    A nut can be fastened or removed with a;
    Spanner or wrench. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wrench
    Socket. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Socket_wrench
    Nut driver or nut spinner. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nut_driver
    Nut runner. https://www.google.com.au/search?biw=1211&bih=751&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=nut+runner&oq=nut+runner

    Where did you see the tool or instrument ?
    Did the device have a socket to fit the nut being removed ?
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook