Interactive Website to Learn Python for EE Student

In summary, the conversation discusses the possibility of using Python in a microcontroller for electrical engineering applications. It is unlikely to have a Python interpreter or compiler for the microcontroller, so the alternative is to learn C programming and interface with hardware libraries. Some recommended resources for learning C for microcontrollers include searching on Google and the Arduino website.
estv
Hi, I'm trying to learn python for electrical engineering application. Is there any interactive website to learn this, especially the one with interactive compiler or result animation? Maybe equipped with microcontroller simulator, LED, and actuator? (if is it possible)
So far, I've tried codecademy, checkio, and treehouse; all three of them provide great interactive learning process, but I don't think they specifically teach about how to use python in microcontroller which I need it the most.
Thank you in advance!

Likes berkeman
Technology news on Phys.org
Using python in a micro controller requires there be a python interpreter in the microcontroller, which is unlikely. Or that there be a python to assembly compiler for the microcontroller you are using, which is also unlikely. The other possibility is to compile python to C code, which is far from a robust art.

microcontroller development platforms are generally for C or assembly code.

Likes estv
meBigGuy said:
Using python in a micro controller requires there be a python interpreter in the microcontroller, which is unlikely. Or that there be a python to assembly compiler for the microcontroller you are using, which is also unlikely. The other possibility is to compile python to C code, which is far from a robust art.

microcontroller development platforms are generally for C or assembly code.

Thank you for your explanation meBigGuy!
I see, so can you suggest specific interactive website for learning C for microcontroller?

There is a software forum on this site with a faq, and I think there are probably many threads on learning C. Personally I have no experience with any C tutorial sites.

You can search on Google for "tutorials on C for Arduino", maybe.
This looked like a good read (not interactive) http://www.dsc.ufcg.edu.br/~rangel/Beginning%20C%20For%20Arduino%20%282012%29.pdf

Basically you first need to learn general C programming, then you need to learn how to interface to hardware libraries for your controller.
https://www.arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/HomePage

Last edited by a moderator:
Likes estv and Silicon Waffle
meBigGuy said:
There is a software forum on this site with a faq, and I think there are probably many threads on learning C. Personally I have no experience with any C tutorial sites.

You can search on Google for "tutorials on C for Arduino", maybe.
This looked like a good read (not interactive) http://www.dsc.ufcg.edu.br/~rangel/Beginning%20C%20For%20Arduino%20%282012%29.pdf

Basically you first need to learn general C programming, then you need to learn how to interface to hardware libraries for your controller.
https://www.arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/HomePage

Noted, thanks for the answers meBigGuy!

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What is Python and why is it useful for EE students?

Python is a high-level, interpreted programming language that is widely used in various fields such as data science, artificial intelligence, and web development. It is useful for EE students because it is versatile, easy to learn, and has a large library of tools and resources that can be applied to different projects.

2. How can an interactive website help me learn Python?

An interactive website provides a hands-on learning experience where you can practice writing Python code directly in your web browser. This allows you to see the results of your code in real-time, making it easier to understand and retain the concepts. Additionally, interactive websites often have exercises, quizzes, and projects that can help you apply your knowledge.

3. Do I need any prior programming experience to learn Python on an interactive website?

No, you do not need any prior programming experience to learn Python on an interactive website. These websites are designed for beginners and provide step-by-step instructions and explanations of the basics. However, having some basic knowledge of programming concepts can be helpful.

4. Can I use an interactive website to learn specific applications of Python for EE?

Yes, interactive websites often have tutorials and projects specifically designed for different applications of Python in EE, such as data analysis, circuit design, and control systems. These resources can help you learn the specific skills you need for your field.

5. Are there any costs associated with using an interactive website to learn Python?

Many interactive websites offer free access to their basic courses and resources. However, some may require a subscription or payment for more advanced features and courses. It is important to research and compare different websites to find one that fits your budget and learning needs.