International Harvester HT340 Turbine Tractor

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
5 replies · 2K views
Science Advisor
Insights Author
Messages
3,648
Reaction score
10,067
Why am I so jaded with today's technology and when I see the stuff they made in the past, I feel like a kid in a candy store?

This is a replica of an experimental turbine tractor from 1960. Got more flaws than advantages, but boy, does it look cool!

source: www.facebook.com/jctractors/videos/260711662528508

​
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: NTL2009, russ_watters and Keith_McClary
Engineering news on Phys.org
Looks like it did not catch on. I'd prefer a John Deere, but then I'm biased because I live in Iowa.
 
LOL. Once down at the firehouse, my fellow firemen were bragging about their garden tractors. Features, size, power, ... Finally they turned to me and asked, "What kind of tractor do you have?"

I replied, "I have a non-motorized push mower, and my wife pushes it. That keeps her slim and healthy without trips to the gym." :wink:
 
anorlunda said:
LOL. Once down at the firehouse, my fellow firemen were bragging about their garden tractors. Features, size, power, ... Finally they turned to me and asked, "What kind of tractor do you have?"

I replied, "I have a non-motorized push mower, and my wife pushes it. That keeps her slim and healthy without trips to the gym." :wink:
If someone were bragging about their riding lawnmower and asked me what kind of 'tractor' I had I would likely laugh so hard they would think I had a medical condition.
 
Dr.D said:
Looks like it did not catch on. I'd prefer a John Deere, but then I'm biased because I live in Iowa.
First I've seen of that! Yes, I was driving a John Deere 4010 back at that time (in Northern Illinois, mostly 'green' country then, maybe still?). But we were open minded, had a little red IH Farmall H as well. Would still be a while before I could get my drivers license though.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: berkeman and Dr.D